Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late last fall I noticed that all the dark grey plastic that runs along the bottom of my MKC has white swirl marks. I have used Turtle Wax ICE in the past, and they recommend that you use it on all surfaces, including plastic - which I did. The first couple of times I waxed, it looked great. Now, I am stuck with these white swirls. Any idea on how to remove this? It was a "date night" car, so the dealer could have done something to it before me. I have tried some Turtle Wax plastic trim restorer, and that seemed to work, but not sure for how long. Any ideas on what to do?

·
Registered
153 Posts
In the past I've used a wax and grease remover product. It might clean the old wax and residue off, and then you can re-do the area. I would try it in a small out-of-the-way area first to make sure it doesn't harm the plastic. I've always used it on metal.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up trying several things: Armor All Outlast, which lasted a few days, magic eraser with a quick detail, and Simple Green with a brush, and no luck. I imagine someone will not like this, but after googling and finding several opinions, I tried WD-40 and a rag. It seems to have worked great and the trim looks like new and no white swirl marks. I just did it today, so I am not sure how it will look after a wash or two.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Late last fall I noticed that all the dark grey plastic that runs along the bottom of my MKC has white swirl marks. I have used Turtle Wax ICE in the past, and they recommend that you use it on all surfaces, including plastic - which I did. The first couple of times I waxed, it looked great. Now, I am stuck with these white swirls. Any idea on how to remove this? It was a "date night" car, so the dealer could have done something to it before me. I have tried some Turtle Wax plastic trim restorer, and that seemed to work, but not sure for how long. Any ideas on what to do?

Solvent to remove the product embedded, wash, IPA wipe then Coat it. I put some Gyeon Q2 Trim our my wife's vehicle and she's good to go for 6-9 months without the need to mess with it any more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts