Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lincoln MKC has a popping sound in rear cargo area when I turn my car on. It doesn’t do it every time. Very annoying when you take it to the dealership and it doesn’t do it. It sounds like it’s a speaker, but when everything is turned off it will still do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Lincoln MKC has a popping sound in rear cargo area when I turn my car on. It doesn’t do it every time. Very annoying when you take it to the dealership and it doesn’t do it. It sounds like it’s a speaker, but when everything is turned off it will still do it.
we have a 2017 MKX and I’ve noticed this same issue. It sounds electrical through a speaker sound almost it’s very odd. Turned radio off and still would hear it once in awhile. It’s not continuous. Please if anyone finds out let us know. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 MKZ and I have the same problem however it’s is now louder and comes on when I turn on the car and continues after the car is turned off. It has made the sound so loud it has started me and my family. I Have turned the sound system off and it still continues. I’am afraid the car will catch on electronic fire that how bad it’s gotten.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Lincoln MKZ has a loud popping sound in rear cargo area when I turn my car on. I have disconnected my cell and turn the sound system off and it still has that loud sound. At one point i was driving and it startled
Me and my family as we were in the road. I’am not sure what it can be since it makes the loud sound when I turn the car off as well. I’am afraid it might cause an electrical fire. It started doing this all the time even when I turn the car on with no radio on.

·
Administrator
621 Posts
I figured it out. It is a bad radio, I was not expecting that. I tried to flash a firmware update to the radio and it became unresponsive. I replaced the radio and it does not pop anymore when I start my car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 MKC started do that today, very loud and annoying. I drove straight to the dealership maintenance dept and they got to hear it. Supposed to take it back tomorrow so they can troubleshoot the issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts