Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power lift gate was acting crazy, also when i was on P mode i have strange locking noise on the back, right now the gate won't open, don't respond o anything and also from dash control panel the gate is disabled and i can't enable it. Any clues. This is 2015 MKC

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did something get stuck in the mechanism or latch??

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have the factory rear mat which tends to slide back into the hatch latch mechanism - I'm constantly pushing it forward..

·
Registered
881 Posts
"I have the factory rear mat which tends to slide back into the hatch latch mechanism - I'm constantly pushing it forward.."
blankster, if you're talking about the black carpeted factory mat that sits in the rear cargo area....mine sits low enough to butt against the plastic lip threshold of the rear gate, securing it in it's position, zero movement! maybe you have something underneath that is keeping yours at a higher level.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have the optional rear plastic/rubber mat that sits on top of the carpet....mine is constantly sliding as well since it fits above the rear cargo lip.

Reactions: joebrez

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have the premium reversible rear mat so when the winter side is down it’s tends to slide a bit.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have the optional rear plastic/rubber mat that sits on top of the carpet....mine is constantly sliding as well since it fits above the rear cargo lip.
Have you tried applying a couple of strips of velcro to keep it stationary?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've thought about the velcro but haven't done it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Better yet country guy....you could use a couple of small strips of NON SLIP oriental carpet underpad....specifically designed to go under area rugs to stop movement....it's very thin, made of gum rubber and most carpet stores carry this product...you can usually get some cutoffs if you ask, no need to buy a section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any resolution on this?

My MKC is doing the exact same thing and I have checked- there is nothing blocking the mechanism, but it keeps acting like it is locking and unlocking. And 2x now, it won't open.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Weathertech still blows All the OE equipment out of the water.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Weathertech still blows All the OE equipment out of the water.
In most cases, agreed....but when it comes to the rear cargo mat, it's just garbage....I bought the entire set; front mats, rear mats....perfect fit....the cargo area mat came rolled up tight in a tube....I worked on getting it to lay flat for 2 weeks straight and finally gave up and just returned it....I reversed it with a couple of sand bags on top, I tried to weaken the spring like coil in it with a heat gun, I tried rolling it in reverse direction and tie it like that for a couple of days....nothing worked! as soon as I placed it in the back, it would just coil up again....a mat that size should be shipped flat, rolling it up creates a spring like curl to it, and the memory stays.... not impressed at all with WeatherTech. Today while I was waiting for my ride to be washed after an oil change, I bought the Lincoln cargo mat, solid rubber,raised sides ( 1" ) and built in velcro fasteners ( 4 ) moulded into the rubber back, AND it ships flat!!!!! $130 taxes in :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
5.0 Candy - I agree with you completely. Weathertech is highly over-rated. My back seat mat curled on the edges and regardless of what i tried, I could never get them to fit. Weathertech’s customer service could have cared less with zero offer of help.

·
Registered
881 Posts
UPDATE on the Lincoln rear cargo mat:
First and foremost: a Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all members and "guests" of the forum, hope you all have a good time with families and friends over the holidays!
So since I got it a few days ago, there were some shipping ripples in the mat itself, mostly along the raised edge.....checked it out yesterday and it's as flat as a pancake :) Lets not forget it's sitting in a cold garage in the back cargo area of my MKC, yet it fully regained it's manufacturing shape regardless of temps.... also the Velcro tabs came in handy, they grab the underlying carpet good and VERY firm and has noticed zero movement.....highly recommend this cargo mat, for the $130 ( tax included) you get what you paid for and then some.....not sure what this material is, but it's definitely NOT that crap plastic WeatherTech uses....it's has a dense feel and look and the added bonus of the MKC logo in it's middle makes it an attractive add on to any MKC !!!! 9 out of 10, 10 being self cleaning! hehehe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts