Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 MKC when accelerating with traffic and when crossing traffic my car lost all power and the dash board when blank. After a few seconds (which seems like a long time when cars are coming at you) the power came back and part of the dashboard disappeared. The dealer said was a software update. Took the car in and it has happened again since I have gotten the car back. Seems like a safety concern to me and I'm fearful of driving the vehicle.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Once while I was driving the odometer disappeared from the dashboard but everything else stayed displayed. The next time I started the car the odometer appearred again and it has not happened since. It really is scary and a safety hazard not knowing what is going to happen next with this car.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you ever have it happen again, please try running a Vehicle History Report (VHR) that way you can capture anything that may have happened. It can also help the dealer when you take it to get serviced.

·
Registered
647 Posts
How do you run a Vehicle History Report?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don't believe you can use the VHR feature in Canada.
Vehicle Health Report is not available for your vehicle.

Vehicle Health Report varies by trim level and model year and is available in certain SYNC-equipped vehicles purchased in the United States.

·
Registered
647 Posts
If I remember correctly I remember reading on the mylincoln site that the vehicle health report is not available in Canada...no idea why though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you say it lost power, do you mean the engine quit and the vehicle was no longer propelling itself down the road? Or are you referring only to power to the instruments/displays on the dash?

·
Registered
881 Posts
.....as in "dead in the water"....engine off????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts