Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waxed my 20" wheels with a paint sealer for the winter and also waxed the door jams and door bottoms.. All the spots the winter road salt likes to accumulate.

·
Registered
139 Posts
And what are you running for dedicated winter tires??? I have had fabulous results with Pirelli Scorpion Winters. They are on MKC, RRS and were the tires that came off my Evoque although they only had a few thousand miles on them. While not quite the gumball of a Blizzak, they are quiet, remain competent handlers and if you live in cooler climates you could actually run these 4 seasons. I have had them on my MKC since ~ September when I terminated a Cinturato and didn't like the roadrashed (purchased as such) 20's. I hate big dubs anyway and original intent was to chew up the summer tires and buy new summer rims instead of refinishing.....these tires have been quite nice and the 235/60R18 fits just fine. They are 1 inch taller than the 20's not .7 smaller like the 235/50R18 stockers. Not sure why but ideal 18 inch size SHOULD be 235/55R18. With the new tires speedo reads 2mph low so at 65 you are actually doing 67. Everything else runs fine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep the 20" Pirelli's mounted. I live in suburban Chicago and the streets are well plowed so the need for snows is not that often. If the driving is bad, I just switch to my Jeep Wrangler!

·
Registered
139 Posts
So it never gets below 40-45 degrees.....?

·
Registered
139 Posts
To be fair, The Pirelli Cintauratos are TOPSHELF (NO SPEC) tire. to me, doesn't matter what the vehicle is, they ALL get snows including the Miata.

Reactions: mrmikesdeuce

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm prepared for winter too, but did nothing. Living in Central Florida means never having to worry about winter tires or salt stains and corrosion ever again (I lived in Illinois for nearly 55 years).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts