Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exterior mirrors fold in toward the glass automatically when you place the
transmission into park, open a front door and then lock the vehicle by using either the lock button on the door or the remote transmitter. They are supposed to unfold and return to their memory positions automatically after unlocking the vehicle and opening and closing the driver's door. Occasionally our passenger side mirror unfolds but the glass pulses moving very slightly back & forth making a bumping sound and does not return to the correct memory position. It has to be manually adjusted to get it back to the correct position. Anyone else having this or a similar mirror problem?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep. Had this happen to my wife a few months ago. She called me and told me that the passenger side mirror was clicking not adjusting properly upon startup. When she got home I checked it and both mirrors were hitting their stop limit then clicking back. I reset her memory preset and they haven't done it since then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding. We reset the memory preset but that didn't eliminate the problem. We've had about 3 occurrences in the last few weeks - no problems during the first 8 months. We haven't been able to detect a pattern, it seems completely random, and so far has been only on the passenger side. I hope you will let me know if you run into the problem again or hear anything more about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To greg9233 - when you say that manual adjustment was not so easy, what made it difficult? Thus far we've not had any trouble re-adjusting the mirror but maybe there are bigger troubles coming.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same Problem -- but with drivers side mirror + Welcome Mat. Was in service dept for a week in March (thought resolved) then started again in May (in for 27 days May/June) -- tech worked thru Ford/Lincoln hotline -- not resolved -- finally Ford/Lincoln engineer came out and it was deemed a software problem. Dlrshp reprogrammed all modules --replaced bcm -- final determination = "program issue and the new software is N/A at this time" waiting on new software.

Maybe with enough problems posted we will get new software

·
Registered
74 Posts
MKC Fan - the movement of the pulses was just not programmed to do it manually. So much so that I thought I would damage the mirror. It was stuck shut and I couldn't seem to jar it loose. I drove home with essentially no mirrors.

When I got home and locked the door everything went back into place. I had tried every thing before this.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just throwing this out there..it may not relate to these issues but
there is a button on the drivers door that manually folds/unfolds the mirrors

·
Registered
20 Posts
So far, upon opening and closing the windows by mistake I close the mirrors. That's the only problem so far regarding the mirrors. I think that button should've been in a different spot

·
Registered
881 Posts
So far, upon opening and closing the windows by mistake I close the mirrors. That's the only problem so far regarding the mirrors. I think that button should've been in a different spot
Completely agree ^....happen to me often too....the windows buttons are way too close to the mirror buttons...the mirror buttons need to be relocated, terrible design.The entire cluster of switches are just too close together in my opinion,they could have moved the window buttons a lil farther back for a little more space between them!....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can u imagine the first time I went to look at the mirrors when they were closed!?!? LMAO I pulled over like WTF is wrong LMAO simple inadvertent push of a button. interestingly the window lock is right next to it. that button should have a lock if located there. The engineers must've had little hands I guess

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sometimes you have to wonder who designs these cars and who actually tests them for these type of issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have had problems with both side mirrors doing the overtravel/bumping/clicking. By this, I do not mean the mirror housing - it moves out as expected and stops in place. I am referring to the mirror itself continuously moving past where it should stop.

At first, it was the passenger side. Dealer "could find no problem" but did a reprogram. I think it was looked after on two separate visits.

More recently, we found the passenger mirror's "logo light" dangling down on its wiring. We got it to sit back into the mirror body but eventually dropped down again. I found it had a broken clip so had the dealer replace the entire module. I wonder if, while troubleshooting the overtravel issue, they had removed the light assembly and broke the clip(?). In any case, it was $0 (to me) warranty replacement.

Yesterday, the driver's side mirror was bumping in the outer-most direction. I tried adjusting the mirror with the interior buttons to no avail. I did not try hitting the memory button again; perhaps I will remember to try that if it happens again.

What I did to overcome the problem yesterday was to manually push the mirror away from that outer hard-stop, effectively moving the mirror back toward the car - then it stopped clicking.

Has anyone had Ford uncover a final fix for this issue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mines in the shop right now with the same clicking passenger mirror issue. It's done it a handful of times during start-up. My service tech told me her MKC did it too and she has a software update that is supposed to fix it. We'll see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our MKC went in for the 10K service and I had them do the wind noise TSB 16-0058 while it was there.
Wind noise was gone, but the mirrors would not return to the proper position in the horizontal direction (vertical worked fine). They first did the software thing, which didn't fix it.
Eventually they replaced the mirror motor. Now the mirrors work but the wind noise is back (possibly from the tech breaking the seal on the mirror housing when the motor was replaced?). Going back for the wind noise x2 next week.

I looked at the TSB and it involves a fair amount of disassembly. Wondering if that procedure damages the motor if the tech isn't careful.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have an intermittent mirror problem when either the driver or passenger side mirror. On occasion, the memory system does a slight mirror adjustment after entering the vehicle moving them out of the programmed memory position.. Pressing the memory button moves the mirror back to the proper position... We originally had the clicking mirror problem that was corrected with revised software and module(s)... But the intermittent problem persists. I'm beginning suspect the original mirror clicking problem may have done something to the mirror motors and they are reporting an inaccurate position to the module at entry and the module is trying to overcorrect the position. The last visit to the dealer had the tech clear and reload the software and we reprogrammed the seating, wheel and mirror positions for each key fob per their instructions. But the problem persists. After our vacation which is coming up (part of it is in Canada), I'll have to get this looked at again... This is really the only problem we have had with the MKC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had the same intermittent issue. Mirrors fold and unfold as they should, but the mirror itself seems to have a mind of it's own and try to move either the furtherest up or down and start clicking. It happens on both sides. Hasn't happened in a few days, but after getting in the car and starting it I press the memory button and they go to where they are supposed to be. I have it on video to show the shop.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've had the same intermittent issue. Mirrors fold and unfold as they should, but the mirror itself seems to have a mind of it's own and try to move either the furtherest up or down and start clicking. It happens on both sides. Hasn't happened in a few days, but after getting in the car and starting it I press the memory button and they go to where they are supposed to be. I have it on video to show the shop.

My problem with the mirrors still persists since new in 9/2015 - The driver mirror does not return to the proper position upon entry. On occasion it will move to full tilt up. To correct the problem, I have to stop the car put it in park release the seatbelt then press the memory button.. I have had the system reprogrammed and 2 module replacements. Perhaps the whistling mirror TSB repair caused a problem with the motor. I keep suggesting the mirror motor may be the culprit but it falls on deaf ears at the dealer. My next oil change is coming up and I will point out the continuing issue again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My passenger side mirror has done the "clicking" issue too. I will mention it the next time it is in the shop. Has anyone found a TSB for this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts