Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naming an article, "Which automaker has the biggest balls?" was a ballsy move for Road & Track. What is even ballsier, in my opinion, is what there final choice ended up being.

That's right folks, Lincoln has been named the ballsiest automaker by the reputable Road & Track. Here's why.

There are two major reasons why Lincoln got this title. The first is its history of creating awesome suicide-door convertibles and some of the smoothest V12s on the planet. These vehicles drove many a president around to their important engagments.

The second reason is that now the brand makes its money by conning "thousands of suckers into paying more cash for a lesser version of the equivalent Ford product."

A Fusion Titanium for $30,600 or a base MKZ $36,190? A Taurus SHO for $39,980 or a base MKS for $40,690? I could play this game all day long, and the only loser would be the guy with a set of Lincoln keys in his pocket.
That makes them ballsier than any four-wheel drive monster, or twin-turbo V8.

Lincoln beat some other formidable opponents on the list too. These include: Nissan, Tesla, Porsche, and GM.

Check out the full list here --> Which is the Ballsiest Carmaker - Web Originals - Road & Track

And let me know if you think that Lincoln is indeed the ballsiest automaker.

·
Registered
98 Posts
To be fair, Lincoln has done their share of badge-engineering over the years. Happily things are changing. The MKZ may share the Fusion's platform, but there is plenty there to differentiate it from its Ford brethren. As for the MKC, one would never know there is an Escape hiding under there without being told so. All different sheet metal, unique interiors, different suspension and even a different track. They are very different vehicles appealing to a different target audience.

There is definitely a double standard where platform-sharing is concerned. The Japanese and Europeans have always gotten a pass, and more recently GM and Fiat/Chrysler's platform-sharing has rarely been called into question. Without a doubt Ford brought some of it on themselves. As the Ford and Lincoln products continue to diverge, hopefully the issue will be put to rest once and for all.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take Lincoln's history as the bigger reason for this distinction. Lincoln's use to be really bad ass. I don't think there has been anything like those Lincolns from the 60s and early 70s.

I think the idea of being ballsy would mean being willing to take bold risks to me. I might lean towards Nissan when judging on that criterion. Look at the Juke, and some of their newest concepts too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts