Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2015 MKC with Reserve and technology package. Does anyone know if the rain sensing wipers come with the Reserve package?. I could not seem to find anywhere information on what package they come with. I thought we had them but cannot seem to get them to work.

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
They come with the Climate Package.

·
Registered
123 Posts
...and if you have that package, the auto control is one of the upward positions on the windshield stalk. Like many of the features of my C, the auto sensing wipers is glitchy, meaning that it works as designed about 75% of the time, but not always. The two cars I've owned prior tot he C also had this feature and worked flawlessly. The oldest one was 10 years old when I sold it. Go figure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The rain sensing fuction can also be turned on & off in the menus inside the tachometer (buttons on the left side of the steering wheel)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Does the climate package also have the heated wipers and mirrors? I thought so, but not positive...How do I know if I indeed have the heated wipers/mirrors????

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does the climate package also have the heated wipers and mirrors? I thought so, but not positive...How do I know if I indeed have the heated wipers/mirrors????
Per the 2016 "Major Product Features" list, the climate package includes "Heated Wiper Park." So if you have the climate package (option code 671), you have it. "Heated mirrors with memory" is a standard feature on all MKC trims.

On my 2015 with rain sensing wipers, I usually keep the stalk in the off position, turning it on when it starts to rain. Rain sensing does a pretty good job adjusting to the amount of rain but frequently sweeps on perfectly dry, sunny days if left in the on position. Keeping it off on dry days eliminates the phantom sweeps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Per the 2016 "Major Product Features" list, the climate package includes "Heated Wiper Park." So if you have the climate package (option code 671), you have it. "Heated mirrors with memory" is a standard feature on all MKC trims.

On my 2015 with rain sensing wipers, I usually keep the stalk in the off position, turning it on when it starts to rain. Rain sensing does a pretty good job adjusting to the amount of rain but frequently sweeps on perfectly dry, sunny days if left in the on position. Keeping it off on dry days eliminates the phantom sweeps.
I think those phantom sweeps are due to sun/light angle and debris(bugs) on the windshield. Overall this feature works great and is one of my favorites along with the auto headlight highbeam feature:smile

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think those phantom sweeps are due to sun/light angle and debris(bugs) on the windshield. Overall this feature works great and is one of my favorites along with the auto headlight highbeam feature:smile[/QUOTE

Candy doesn't trust these things, he would rather buy the climate package but do it by hand.

I love these features too!! Totally spoiled with them. And am happy to report they are features on my car that actually work!! Holy crap can you believe that? I have two options I paid for that are working. Wooooohoooooo. :grin

·
Registered
881 Posts
I think those phantom sweeps are due to sun/light angle and debris(bugs) on the windshield. Overall this feature works great and is one of my favorites along with the auto headlight highbeam feature:smile[/QUOTE

Candy doesn't trust these things, he would rather buy the climate package but do it by hand.

I love these features too!! Totally spoiled with them. And am happy to report they are features on my car that actually work!! Holy crap can you believe that? I have two options I paid for that are working. Wooooohoooooo. :grin
LOl mmoretti... you're funny:) I do like them and do use them but as someone stated they are also glitchy...so I turn it on when there is a light rain,but honestly what's so different than good old style timed wipes???? turn your wiper on, set time at 2 sec or 3 sec or whatever and call it a day...that works flawlessly....I like things that DO work! lmao

·
Registered
795 Posts
LOl mmoretti... you're funny:) I do like them and do use them but as someone stated they are also glitchy...so I turn it on when there is a light rain,but honestly what's so different than good old style timed wipes???? turn your wiper on, set time at 2 sec or 3 sec or whatever and call it a day...that works flawlessly....I like things that DO work! lmao
Hey I gotta shout from the rooftops I have something that works! Giving Lincoln some credit there. Will you Lincoln employees (I think you and blankster are the ones that work for Lincoln - you guys defend them way too much) start giving me a break now? I said something good about Lincoln.

I have been in the great fortune of not experiencing said glitchiness. Mine works lovely. But I certainly feel for those of you that have experienced such troubles. It has swiped a few times when a car in front of me used their washer and it got misted. ill take the few false swipes to never have to touch a button or turn a knob. Guess I'm "new school".

·
Registered
881 Posts
mine works fine too...here and there it acts out of sync...does it bother me, nah...it's a freaking wiper...this is NOT what I loose sleep over LOL

·
Registered
881 Posts
"this is NOT what I loose sleep over LOL" < notice the "I" behind the what.....
"Who said THEY lost sleep over it?" where did I say someone lost sleep over it? you insist on taking things out of context.....I was referring to ME as in I.... oh and believe me, when it suits me, I will drive my Mustang.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Candy you obviously don't see the way you word your posts and what you implied others with them It's like a joking comment that the rest of us ARE losing sleep. Was posted for a reason. Think about your own motivations. I guess you want to pat yourself on the back again for being so complacent.

Again unless you really have realistic helpful input to me refrain from further explanations and go back to getting the threads off topic and talk about some cat exhausts or something. Please don't continue to belittle mine or Janice's situation with your comments.

·
Registered
733 Posts
mine works fine too...here and there it acts out of sync...does it bother me, nah...it's a freaking wiper...this is NOT what I loose sleep over LOL
I keep mine off until there is a reason to turn it on... It is possible that a bug strike or just a dirt splatter near the sensor will trigger a wiper swipe. Overall my wipers work fine!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Agreed blankster....I only turn it on when there is a light drizzle or rain...anything can trigger a wipe, as you said probably even a bug splatter lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
If your wipers seem to be wiping for no reason, you can try to adjust the sensitivity on the wiper stalk to a lower setting. I know it can drive me crazy as my wife usually has it set to a higher setting and I end up turning it down a notch or two when I drive. Also, winter weather and window slush/grime can make it a challenge as the sensor picks that up.

·
Registered
881 Posts
If your wipers seem to be wiping for no reason, you can try to adjust the sensitivity on the wiper stalk to a lower setting. I know it can drive me crazy as my wife usually has it set to a higher setting and I end up turning it down a notch or two when I drive. Also, winter weather and window slush/grime can make it a challenge as the sensor picks that up.
unbridle,are you talking about the forward backward duration ring at the base of the stalk? Does that also double as a sensitivity adjustment?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, it also controls the sensitivity. The higher you set it, the greater the sensitivity.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts