Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I just recently purchased a MKC 2015 and the airbag light was still on it. I checked the codes and it had crash data stored on it. No problem. I bought a used RCM from eBay and then plugged it into the car. I had an appt to have the RCM programmed to the vehicle the coming day. On the drive over, I received ABS lights, advance trak lights, stability control lights, hill start won’t work, and adaptive cruise control won’t work either (probably due to the ABS light). The ABS code is C0062 lateral acceleration sensor. The dealer programmed the RCM to my car but all that mess of lights and issues still wasn’t fixed. Keep in mind all those lights and other problems were not present with my original RCM. Does anyone know what the culprit of this could be? Any help would be seriously appreciated.

·
Administrator
504 Posts
Yes the lateral sensor is in the rcm. Calibration needs to be performed through the scan tool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m glad it’s something simple like that. Should the dealer have done that when they programmed the module to my car? I would figure that’s part of the programming.

·
Administrator
504 Posts
Well it depends, I ran into the same thing two months ago with an edge and I did the programming but never did the lateral and horizontal sensor calibration. I'd never knew anything about this till about 2 months ago. I had never done that before and I've replaced plenty of RCMs. I used my scan tool software did the calibrations and never had a problem afterward.

So to answer your question, I don't know if this is a newer calibration that they never had to do previously or not, it was to me.

·
Administrator
504 Posts
I know I answered this for you in PM but in case someone else searches for it, usually it can be done in forscan but I think it has not been provisioned yet for the mkc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts