Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At times when I use the foot under the rear to open the rear hatch, the hatch only opens about ten to twelve inches and stops. If I kick under the bumper again - it raises a bit more, but not fully.

Is this an issue or am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes it works as you'd expect, but many times not so.

2015 Black Label

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you open the hatch using the switch on the dashboard or key FOB does it open all the way? Perhaps try resetting the height at which you want the hatch to open i.e. manually raise the hatch to the height you want and then press and hold the close button on the hatch door for a few seconds until it beeps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you open the hatch using the switch on the dashboard or key FOB does it open all the way? Perhaps try resetting the height at which you want the hatch to open i.e. manually raise the hatch to the height you want and then press and hold the close button on the hatch door for a few seconds until it beeps.
Yes it does.... it's worked the last six times, but I'm sure it will resort to only opening partly soon. Seems to be hit and miss.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Unfortunately hit and miss seems to be the scenario for many of the electronic/computer issues e.g. the outside mirrors

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 did that when I first brought it home. Turned out it was because I had the spare key in the car when I was trying to open the hatch from my house using the other key. Somehow, some way the second key was the culprit and hasn't acted up since I made sure the spare wasn't in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts