Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a loaded MKC , but haven't had the chance to read up on or use the Rear Park Aid?

Has anybody used it and what is your experience?Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ray, are you able to take your hands off the wheel?

I can't.
Yes I can. You go slow and you put your flasher the side that you want to park the vehicle. Then you press the Park Assist button located on the right side of the console. The vehicle is then in search mode for a parking spot. Once it finds a place, it tells you to advance until it tells you to stop. Check on the screen because it won't say anything on speaker (I think). Then it's written put the vehicle in R mode and remove your hands off the steering wheel.

My recommandation is to release the break pedal half way not to go backwards too fast. It will enter without you touching the steering wheel. It it has to go D and R (back in forth), it will be written on screen.

Let me know if it works. Else I suspect the option might be disabled from the configuration menu.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ray, are you able to take your hands off the wheel?

I can't.
I have also used this numerous times on my MKC and my Wife's Escape... hands off, not touching the wheel. ;)

Its really weird.... :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
We love it. Feel like I am in Jetson's vehicle when I lift my hands and the car parks. Over on the C-Max Hybrid forum at member had $5000 damage the first time he did as he forgot to keep his foot ready and on the brake.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ray,doesn't work. The car gives me no assistance when I attempt to back it up and have thePark Assist on "on".

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Omg. I paid msrp 46,530.00 and 49k out the door and don't have it.

Base was 35,595.00 and 10,040.00 for the options. It's not on the sticker I pulled off the window.

There is no park assist button on the column , the option does show on the left side of the dashboard, when you scroll down.

I guess I needed the loaded , loaded , MKC .

·
Registered
160 Posts
from the owners manual a portion of the directions

Using Active Park Assist

Press the button located on the
right side of the center stack.
The touchscreen displays a message and a
corresponding graphic to indicate it is
searching for a parking space. Use the
direction indicator to indicate which side of
your vehicle you want the system to search.

from the Lincoln site

Technology Package

The Technology Package includes:
Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support
Active park assist
Forward Sensing System
Lane-Keeping System
Available with the Reserve Equipment Group.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Base was 35,595.00 and 10,040.00 for the options. It's not on the sticker I pulled off the window.

There is no park assist button on the column , the option does show on the left side of the dashboard, when you scroll down.

Isn't the button to activate it on the right side of the radio under or above the hazard flasher button? Your saying you see it in the dash menu setup (left menu within the tachometer) but you don't have the actual button to the right of the radio?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Isn't the button to activate it on the right side of the radio under or above the hazard flasher button? Your saying you see it in the dash menu setup (left menu within the tachometer) but you don't have the actual button to the right of the radio?
Correct
Using Active Park Assist

Press the button located on the
right side of the center stack.
The touchscreen displays a message and a
corresponding graphic to indicate it is
searching for a parking space.

·
Registered
193 Posts

Greg that sounds like the sensors for proximity?? Why don't these sales people do their jobs and fully inform people when when are buying the vehicle??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Greg what you saw was the forward and rear sensing system that is displayed on the left steering column display. It uses the phrasing front and rear park assist. It is talked about in the videos 2015 Lincoln MKC How-To & Info Videos | Official Ford Owner Site
I may be mistaken, but I am pretty sure you will not have the front sensors if you don't have the park assist feature. And I mean the deal that automagically parallel parks for you (using that button on the right of the radio we are all referencing).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ray I think you are right. I think you only have rear park aid (the beeping sensor) if you don't have the package with Park Assist. I think Greg was being thrown off with the terminology in the information section on the left side of the steering wheel as they use the phrase front and rear park aid. Which does sound a lot like Park Assist.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No Ray, the only button on that side is the emergency flashers. Nothing else on that column but that button.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your right Laurel, I was confused with the terminology-park aid and park assist. And the sales guy told me it was fully loaded. At 49k, I figured, I've got it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No Ray, the only button on that side is the emergency flashers. Nothing else on that column but that button.
Crud, that blows. So I am guessing you don't have the Technology package correct? It was like a $2K+ option, I am thinking that was where the park assist comes in.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No got.

I do have the " Blis w/ cross traffic alert" and " Hill Start Assist" .

Not sure what those are yet.

Thanks for all your help and assistance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts