Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear rotors on my 2017 MKC have huge grooves in them I can hear them grind when I apply the brakes .They grind so bad that the rotor dust is ruining my rims the rims are rusty from the rotors .Both sides and the pads are not worn out ...The fronts are fine ..20.000 mile but a lot on highway don't think they should be worn so fast .Any one else?

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is no way the rears are worn by 20,000 miles. The rears should last twice as long as the fronts. It almost sounds like your fronts are not engaging properly and the rears are doing all the work. I would think it would be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
733 Posts
There is no way the rears are worn by 20,000 miles. The rears should last twice as long as the fronts. It almost sounds like your fronts are not engaging properly and the rears are doing all the work. I would think it would be covered under warranty.

Sometimes it depends on how the brakes are biased - I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler and the rear pads and rotors were gone by 24K. I too thought something was defective but after a little digging I found it was more common than I thought. It turns out Wranglers are biased to use the rears more than usual. Plus the stability & traction control also applies the rears causing additional wear on the rear brakes. That said, 20K does seem a bit low - Perhaps the rear calipers are hanging up and need to be lubed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear rotors on my 2017 MKC have huge grooves in them I can hear them grind when I apply the brakes .They grind so bad that the rotor dust is ruining my rims the rims are rusty from the rotors .Both sides and the pads are not worn out ...The fronts are fine ..20,000 mile but a lot on highway don't think they should be worn so fast .Any one else?
I have an appointment next Monday we will see what they say..... here are a few pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Drive on gravelly road much? If pebbles etc get kicked up to rotors they will do a number on them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drive on gravelly road much? If pebbles etc get kicked up to rotors they will do a number on them
No gravel roads and I wash it a lot(I have a wash bay in my garage)The local Lincoln dealer is next door to where my wife works they had a cancelation today so they went over and picked it up .They put new rotors and pads on the back they said the rotors had hard spots and that's what chewed them up .I don't know about that explanation kind of weird both sides. They picked it up fixed it brought it back and washed it all covered under warrantee so I'm happy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts