Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 MKC Reserve 2.3L. Where are the recovery points? We live in snow country and started wondering what we would do if it got stuck. Optimum is to not put ourselves in a bad situation. Just doing a what if. Can't see any obvious points to attach a recovery strap/rope/chain, most underneath is plastic.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tow eye is behind the plastic cap under the passenger side front bumper LED strip. Attach a hook there to tow/recover the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tow eye is behind the plastic cap under the passenger side front bumper LED strip. Attach a hook there to tow/recover the car.
Is that new for 2017?
I have a 2016 and there is no cap to remove I checked the owners manual and there was no reference to this recovery point nor is there a hook or eye in the spare area if there was such a mount point. If you have one can you post a picture?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the diagram. I checked in the back and there are holes up high where you could possibly hook on. I see why they say to us a T hook because the recovery strap would tend to put pressure on some points at the back of the vehicle. Still having trouble identifying the front cap, it must blend in but will look again now that I have the diagram. Hopefully will not have to use this info but it is good to know ahead of time. Really like the MKC but beginning to think it may not be the best option for this part of the country.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even with the diagram I can't identify the access cover to the tow point. What am I missing?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Are you in Canada or US? It may be a Canada thing. Many time there are variations between vehicles destined for Canada.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you in Canada or US? It may be a Canada thing. Many time there are variations between vehicles destined for Canada.
US. Guess that would make sense because I see no access point in the area shown in the parts diagram.

·
Registered
733 Posts
US. Guess that would make sense because I see no access point in the area shown in the parts diagram.
MKCs heading north also get an engine block heater and full synthetic oil. I would suspect maybe a stronger battery?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am in Canada but don't see an access point on my 2017 Reserve. I do have the block heater but have never used it - weather where I am is similar to Michigan, only part of a day later. I also have the stronger battery, but it came with the auto-start-stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts