Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the home page of the app where it says "vehicle status" what types of messages are displayed there? Someone mentioned that if your cars remote system goes into a sleep mode it shows that under vehicle status.

What else gets displayed there? If your car is remote started and running does it say that under the status?

I ask because mine has a perpetual low battery voltage error and I cannot receive any other vehicle statuses it seems. I am having a problem where my remote system is going into a sleep mode prematurely but It doesn't tell me when under status because it's stuck on the battery message :frown

Wondering what other types of messages people get under that vehicle status section..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Interesting question. The only statuses (stati?) I've seen are "normal" and "deep sleep." The sleep message occurred after the car was parked at Dulles for 2 weeks. Don't know how long it takes to go into that mode. I'm guessing that low fuel and low tire pressure would trigger a message (and, of course, low battery). Would be nice if the tire pressure message indicated which tire, but I'm sure that's asking too much. A successful remote start is indicated at the bottom of the screen (on my Andrioid phone). Status remains "normal" with no indication of the start in the status portion of the display as I recall. I wonder if oil change alerts or MIL illumination would appear as a status message?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's right, I remember the normal status from before my error message. Someone else mentioned the tire pressure too, I forgot about that one. Not sure on the low fuel and what else either. It would be nice if the info was in the manual somewhere. There is very little info on the app.

Deep sleep goes into effect after 14 days according to Lincoln tech support. I am not sure if that setting can be changed by a service department.

That was the other thing I've asked others on here a few times..on my iPhone 6plus my bottom portion of the app is cut off (where you guys see the remote start success status and the parking minder). does anyone else have this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see that your bottom is cut off. Also, your MKC picture is different plus it says 2015 MKC while my app says MKC. Not sure if this is because I have a 2016 model.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, must be for the 2016. Weird as AppStore does not know what year my MKC is. I assume you downloaded it from APP store? This was/is the version available when I go to download it.

yes, my bottom has been cut off since the first 2.0 version of the app.

I've seen the app(2.0 + versions) on a 4s and everything fits..makes no sense on my 6+

Mine also reports the wrong address. Its kind of close, at least the right street...

·
Registered
20 Posts
My address is slightly off as well but it is close. I downloaded it from the app store about 2 weeks ago so it is the latest version.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have app version 2.0.90 also but on the vehicle status screen it only displays gas, tire pressure and battery voltage. It does not display Oil life?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like 2016 allows for oil pressure monitoring. I have same version of the app but it's for my 2015. My guess is that it goes by your Lincoln owner account. When you sign in it knows what year car you bought and displays the appropriate app pages on your front end(phone) based on your VIN. Lincoln runs everything from a back end they see and can control parts of. They can track you too. So based on your VIN and owner account you get different features of the app activated from Lincolns back end(software/servers/cloud) and a different front end (pictures on app i.e. The rear facing mkc for 2016 and added oil pressure). I'm guessing this based on the hours spent on the phone over several weeks with Lincoln tech support troubleshooting the problems I'm having.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I understand what you are saying however the app is displaying oil life percentage remaining, not oil pressure, as indicated on the screen you printed. My 2015 shows the oil life remaining percentage on the dashboard screen so it should be easy for the app software designers to show this as well....if they really wanted to.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Mine has current mileage under vehicle status also but my phone is an Android. I'm hoping that when they get the new modem working, that it will also display the oil life remaining as it currently does not.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine has current mileage under vehicle status also but my phone is an Android. I'm hoping that when they get the new modem working, that it will also display the oil life remaining as it currently does not.
Yeah, but your car is Canadian. Ever since the XL pipeline flap, oil monitoring has been disavowed in Canadian vehicles! :)

Seriously, yes, Oil Life was added when I upgraded my modem. I'm using an iPhone 6S. Hopefully this feature will be added to your phone when you get your modem replaced.

As far as oil life monitoring goes, watch the video on this page:

MyLincoln Mobile App | Official Lincoln Owner Site

At about the 1 minute mark, there is a disclaimer on the bottom of the screen saying that oil life monitoring is only available on certain vehicles. Not sure which vehicles they're talking about, but there it is.

Also, a flyer that accompanied the modem recall (FSA 15N04) listed a web page that outlines all the Mobile App features. Worth a look:

Lincoln Embedded Modem | MyLincoln? Mobile App | Official Lincoln Motor Company

·
Registered
647 Posts
Toady, we will keep our oil and wait until the USA comes begging for it :)

I watched the videos on the app. Looks like they have also added a feature to connect directly with the Concierge although I don't really know how useful that will be because mine certainly has not helped me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Toady, we will keep our oil and wait until the USA comes begging for it :)

I watched the videos on the app. Looks like they have also added a feature to connect directly with the Concierge although I don't really know how useful that will be because mine certainly has not helped me.
Yep. You're a victim. No go back to your igloo. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts