Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the MKC allow garage door opening when you start the car remotely? I want to warm up my MKC in my garage. But I want to open the garage door so the exhaust will ventilate out. Is there a way of opening the garage door when I start the car either using my fob or from the cellphone APP from inside my house? Note that I currently have the garage door opening switch in the MKC setup to open the garage.

·
Registered
192 Posts
if you buy a new garage door opener that has cellphone app compatibility-- you can open it remotely but not integrated with the Lincoln or it's app.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just keep a garage door opener remote that came with the opener in the house, close enough to the garage. Open the door when I remote start the car. I guess I am old fashioned that I don't want the garage door to be "smart" so no chance of it getting hacked.

Reactions: symetry

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does the MKC allow garage door opening when you start the car remotely? I want to warm up my MKC in my garage. But I want to open the garage door so the exhaust will ventilate out. Is there a way of opening the garage door when I start the car either using my fob or from the cellphone APP from inside my house? Note that I currently have the garage door opening switch in the MKC setup to open the garage.
We hang our keys just inside the garage door in the house.. I also remote start in the garage. I put a garage door opener on the same key rack so I can open the garage and start the car from inside the house,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We hang our keys just inside the garage door in the house.. I also remote start in the garage. I put a garage door opener on the same key rack so I can open the garage and start the car from inside the house,
That's a good idea. However, I usually keep the fob with me on my key ring. So if I'm in the bedroom getting dressed, I can start the car from there. So I was hoping there was a way to integrate the garage door.

I did some checking on the web. There is a device you can connect to the garage door opener that has an APP to open it from a cellphone. Then you can start the MKC from the cell using the Lincoln app and open the garage door with the garage door app. I might be overcomplicating things though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's a good idea. However, I usually keep the fob with me on my key ring. So if I'm in the bedroom getting dressed, I can start the car from there. So I was hoping there was a way to integrate the garage door.

I did some checking on the web. There is a device you can connect to the garage door opener that has an APP to open it from a cellphone. Then you can start the MKC from the cell using the Lincoln app and open the garage door with the garage door app. I might be overcomplicating things though.
I have a Chamberlin opener on Wifi. The phone app advises with an email when the garage is opened or closed. also can operate the garage from anywhere there is a wireless or wifi signal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts