Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the speaker grills on the dash that cover the factory non-THX tweeters? I want to change the tweeter out but don't want to mess up grills removing them from dash to access the tweeters. Thanks.

Super Moderator
Anyone know how to remove the speaker grills on the dash that cover the factory non-THX tweeters? I want to change the tweeter out but don't want to mess up grills removing them from dash to access the tweeters. Thanks.
If you want to access the tweeter, remove both A pillar trim panels and then remove the whole top cover the dash. There are no screws just snap clips but that top cover requires a lot of pressure to get the clips to release.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
If you want to access the tweeter, remove both A pillar trim panels and then remove the whole top cover the dash. There are no screws just snap clips but that top cover requires a lot of pressure to get the clips to release.
I took a peek behind A pillar and i think i see an air bag. I don't see an airbag label on A pillar cover. Can i pull the a pillar cover?

Super Moderator
Ya the A piller cover does cover the curtain bags. They are restrained in the event of a deployment by some black plastic straps that can be removed with turning the tag end in 90 degree turns or carefully releasing 4 clips on the anchor side. I hope that makes sense but if not let me know, I have some spare A piller trim I can get pictures of

Reactions: 2015 MSM

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
So the air bags will stay in place on the pillar if I pull the A Pillar covers off? Are the pillar covers just held in with clips? I really don't want to mess up the air bags or accidentally deploy them.

Super Moderator
So the air bags will stay in place on the pillar if I pull the A Pillar covers off? Are the pillar covers just held in with clips? I really don't want to mess up the air bags or accidentally deploy them.
Yes the air bags are not attached to the covers in any way. The detonator is actually under the headliner behind the rear seats. You will not mess up the airbags, short of bringing a razor blade in there and slashing:wink.

I have attached some pdf for you, but they show cutting the cable, please don't you don't need to do that.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AoAXQrnVrx8lrgHZI0SIXQFx1_FB

Reactions: 2015 MSM
1 - 7 of 7 Posts