Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've recently imported a 2017 Lincoln MKC to Europe and I want to get myself some Europe maps on the vehicle. I can get EU maps installed onto the APIM, but I need to send the APIM to a workshop. I've seen a video on how to remove the APIM from an older model MKC, but not for a 2017 model - does anyone have a guide as to what I need to do to remove the front fascia properly? I've got the tools, but I don't want to start on my own initiative incase I mess something up.

Any help would be much appreciated!

cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not sure if this is related to everything that we’ve been doing ourselves with Cyanlab, but I think it might be a heck lot easier doing it yourself and cheaper. Looping in @PSUnexus & @copbait as resident experts on this to confirm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Starzplacez, yeah it's a bit of a hassle - but I know that if I can get the APIM to the shop they'll do what's needed. I just don't want to destroy the interior by getting it out! The older models fascia seemed to clip off fairly easily, but the 2017 model is completely different and knowing my luck I'd damage some clips if I decided to go at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But if the guys know how I can get those Europe maps on there myself, I'd owe you all a few beers!!

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
I would imagine that you could get the EU maps loaded through cyan labs and with forescan you could change hex decimal coding and never need to remove the apim, the na apim has an option to change it to an EU through the hex decimal coding when I have access the programming information. I will PM you the information you need though to successfully remove the fcim which is the piece that covers the apim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Copbait, I see I can download Cyanlab but how would I get my hands on Forscan? Would you know the hex codes I need to change?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I managed to find Forscan after a quick google search! Now I've got Forscan and Cyanlabs - do you think I have everything I need to give it a shot myself?

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
You will need an elm327 adapter. The cheap ones you find on eBay and Amazon usually work pretty well for just changing hex decimal stuff, if you plan on using it for more powerful functions I would recommend obdlink ex. When I first started using forscan I used a BB fly adapter, I don't find it they still have a wired bb fly adapter though on Amazon. Usually any adapter that has the switch to access Ms can will work for this operation though.

Give me the weekend to look through the coding and I'll see if I can find it again for you

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
@eulincoln I was looking through the coding, I attached a spreadsheet so you could look through it yourself as well, this is for an F-150 but all apims are the same no matter if they're from a Ford or a Lincoln. some of the other tabs have information that is not correct for the MKC but if you click on the apim tab all that information will be correct for your car. There are quite a few different settings changes between EU and NA . I assume your issues were with the FM radio stations, is that correct? RDS is the distinction between EU and na radio signals. if you need any more assistance let me know and I'll walk you through some of the other changes. Another option if you want it to be very accurate for EU model is you could find the VIN for a EU Lincoln (I don't know what they have in Germany). we can take all of the hex decimal information right from Ford and load that into the APIM and then modify back the MKC information.

When I first tried to learn how to do all this it seemed like everybody was talking above my level, if I did that let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealing with Cyan Labs is like dealing with the Devil. Biggest piece of crap software I have ever dealt with and Lincoln won’t help you once you upgrade. These guys are a sham!!! Prove me wrong, I can give you case by case scenario on all of the “junk” they put out

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
Dealing with Cyan Labs is like dealing with the Devil. Biggest piece of crap software I have ever dealt with and Lincoln won’t help you once you upgrade. These guys are a sham!!! Prove me wrong, I can give you case by case scenario on all of the “junk” they put out
Sorry you feel that way Steve. A lot of us have had very good luck with them. A lot of time it has more to do with not following the directions explicitly or using poor quality USB drive etc that causes failures. A lot of people have bad things to say about forscan as well and once again they use cheap Chinese adapters with free software. Anytime you are working with programming, hacking, rooting electronics, quality hardware and attention to detail is crucial.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry you feel that way Steve. A lot of us have had very good luck with them. A lot of time it has more to do with not following the directions explicitly or using poor quality USB drive etc that causes failures. A lot of people have bad things to say about forscan as well and once again they use cheap Chinese adapters with free software. Anytime you are working with programming, hacking, rooting electronics, quality hardware and attention to detail is crucial.
Understand, I didn’t scrimp on anything and my computer skills are excellent after a stint with NSA and working with the Crays. It’s just unfinished outlaw software that was intended to do one thing that the code writer intended it to do. That’s it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts