Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need to replace the LH lower back up tail light on my wife's 2017 MKC. Can someone please provide me with instructions on how to remove it.

I am also looking to source the part. It is Part#EJ7Z15500B.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Matthew

·
Registered
733 Posts
I assume you are out of warranty. If so I would contact Lincoln and ask for an accommodation you have nothing to loose. If that does not work google Taska fords parts web site. I find them pretty good and reasonable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are out of warranty. If so I would contact Lincoln and ask for an accommodation you have nothing to loose. If that does not work google Taska fords parts web site. I find them pretty good and reasonable.
It is still under warranty but they will not replace it because the lens is cracked. Water got in and has caused issues with the signals. Dealer quoted $1,100 to fix the issue & replace the lens.

·
Registered
170 Posts
look for a youtube video. It's my go-to for how to fix or replace something.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My new go-to parts place for the mkc is Taska parts. They list the oem version of this part - you do have the correct part number. I'm replacing both sides on my 2015. The labor is a big ticket on these because they have to pull the bumper in order to get to the lights. The lights themselves are outrageously expensive around $300 from Taska and $450 from Ford parts - each.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Chances are the dealer will sub it out to a body shop. Skip the middleman.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts