Lincoln MKC Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Totally with you on the trade in value. The dealership does state that I would be eligible to get an extended warranty after the repair so maybe I’ll see what that looks like then decide. But yah I am in talk with them to extend loaner to me too for the two week period. Once I get that then I’ll let them begin the work on it. Can’t beat a new engine for $4000.

·
Premium Member
2019 Lincoln MKC 2.0 L
4 Posts
Remember to ask for your Lincoln Access Rewards on your $4000.00 engine. That should equate to 40,000 points x .005=$200.00 redeemable toward future services such as maintenance costs, parts, or can be applied toward your next Lincoln. Furthermore, I would put the $4000.00 charge on a Lincoln Access Rewards Visa and get another 20,000 points x .005=$100.00 reward (that is when you spend $3000.00 total in the first 3 months, that is accomplished!). 0% financing for the first 6 months. 11,000 points given on first purchase = $55.00 . There is a lot more benefits offered also, but I think you get the idea. Hope all goes well with the engine replacement. Glad to read you have already replaced the transmission. I wonder if the new engine has been modified so this failure will not happen again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's a great point @Photon! I will definitely be asking for LAR as every little bit helps. I also tried to look into applying for the card but get an error message so I will look a bit later.

Reactions: Photon

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Wanted to give everyone another update. Picked up the car back on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and everything drives well. The total came out to be just under $3100 after Lincoln's portion and dealership coupon. I did went ahead and got a new credit card to get that new card bonus, although I could never got Lincoln's application to load, so I got the Marriott Boundless to earn some hotel nights. I think I did alright all things considered for a brand new engine without warranty coverage...

... I don't plan the keep the car much longer after 100K (it's at 82,200 now), and after factoring everything (used car market, new car availability, don't want to start a car payment with wife's car much older), I ended up take up the dealership's 'offer' to get the extended warranty with a decent discount for 3yr/36,000 mi. I want a hassle-free ownership for the rest of the time I have with the MKC, and I think this is the best way forward.

Thanks for everyone's advice and thoughts. Really appreciate all the angles, and I am definitely chalking this one up as an expensive lesson. Although I suppose it could've been much more expensive.

Reactions: Photon
21 - 24 of 24 Posts