Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got tired of the issues of the seats, sirius radio and other annoyances..as well as the lack of attention by the dealer. Our concerns were taken to the dealer last November.
So, we took a financial hit but we traded the car in!

Now the proud owners of the car we should bought in the first place

LEXUS 350RX yay!

Good luck everyone ..the MKC is a beauty...but we are all learning , beauty is only skin (metal) deep.

JJ

·
Registered
87 Posts
congrats, good choice. the RX is the bread & butter for Lexus. they are bullet proof. i happen to own one 2. :wink

·
Registered
183 Posts
:laugh Whatever. Be sure to enjoy the Lexus forums! Bye Bye.

Reactions: greg9233

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^ wow. the Lexus forums are more friendly than you 2. i honestly hope that someone from Lincoln is reading this forum to see how to improve on a good product they have and hopefully they'll make it better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lincoln reps told me they don't read third party sites, which from a marketing prospective would be a bad idea. This site is dedicated to one of their products. I hope the reps are lying and they do read this site. Maybe LINC is an undercover Lincoln rep!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
^^ the other MKC site supposedly has a Lincoln rep reading that forum. I've read it on here somewhere. :smile

·
Registered
183 Posts
^^ the other MKC site supposedly has a Lincoln rep reading that forum. I've read it on here somewhere. :smile
And if you remembered what you read, you'd recall it's all but a dead forum. :wink

Look at this way, jjnj1 may find the Lexus Forum even more interesting. They have way more active members and they also do a great job of the same complaining. Be sure to check out the photo of a bag of ice under the seat for cooling. :laugh

·
Registered
214 Posts
I thought it was odd, but it is a dead forum.

I'd never take the financial hit myself, especially since Lincoln is slowly but surely making a diligent attempt to solve the problems that people seem to be having (relocating the engine button, TSB on the heated seats, coming up with a fix for the Sirius issues, welcome lighting issues, etc.); but I don't blame anyone who has been having issues for months getting tired of it.

The one thing that still bothers me is the cracked roof issue. I don't think it's a coincidence. I don't have a panoramic roof, but I'm waiting to see whether or not Lincoln takes responsibility. If I'm ever going to buy another Lincoln, it's really important to me that they stand behind their product.

I hope they are reading!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Come on, play nice. Knocking someone for shifting brands here is like knocking someone for not being on the same wireless carrier. Whatever works for you is for you. The RX is a great vehicle for sure, I just can't get past the dang shifter placement. ha

·
Registered
277 Posts
We don't care if they shift brands.
It was the tone of the parting shot that was out of line-sounding like we are are unintelligent owners of troublesome cars patiently waiting for fixes from the manufacturer. I am not going to get into recall counting........
They go and get a different size vehicle after all, so they did not know what they needed in the first place.

Reactions: TxTom

·
Registered
160 Posts
We don't care if they shift brands.
It was the tone of the parting shot that was out of line-sounding like we are are unintelligent owners of troublesome cars patiently waiting for fixes from the manufacturer. I am not going to get into recall counting........
They go and get a different size vehicle after all, so they did not know what they needed in the first place.
a salesman's dream customer

·
Registered
95 Posts
Finally decided on my new SUV

I decided not to get the MKC after following this forum all winter. Seems like too many problems. So I bought a 2015.5 Volvo XC T6 platuim . 300 Horespower , heated FRONT windshield ( no scraping in winter) . Ton of technology in Vechicle . Also got 20 ' wheels for nice sporty look.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I decided not to get the MKC after following this forum all winter. Seems like too many problems. So I bought a 2015.5 Volvo XC T6 platuim . 300 Horespower , heated FRONT windshield ( no scraping in winter) . Ton of technology in Vechicle . Also got 20 ' wheels for nice sporty look.
Pictures are in GALLERY link above in Volvo XC60
Very nice exsperence dealing with Volvo only dealership . Very high class compare to my Lincoln / Ford. Dealer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pictures are in GALLERY link above in Volvo XC60
Very nice exsperence dealing with Volvo only dealership . Very high class compare to my Lincoln / Ford. Dealer.
Good for you !!

I ordered my MKC end of Dec/14, supposed to be in someday this week. I may just walk!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Good for you !!

I ordered my MKC end of Dec/14, supposed to be in someday this week. I may just walk!

Seeing how I've only seen you be negative. To quote a old song "Walk on Bye!"

Reactions: Bob Evans

·
Registered
183 Posts
A parting gift, the facts of those sales numbers.

2015 Feb-Mar sales US & CA, MKC 2,324 sales up 36%. Volvo XC60 were 2,593 up only 26%. :crying

You guys are not going to have as much fun on the Volvo XC 60 Forum.

Nice choice, you settled on a vehicle that 3.6 inches longer and has 2 inches less legroom and was just rated by Car and Driver at the bottom of the 5 tested. Volvo's high EPA and Car & Driver test mileage was off by 4.5 miles per gallon. Interior, well it is now Chinese and no center arm rest. And you sent your money to China's Geely Automotive. At least you should have gotten those April sales incentives you've been holding out for, well from Volvo, right?

Enjoy your new vehicle! :laugh

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yah incentive was very good . $5100 off XC T6 on website, lower then other Volvo dealers around. Plus $500 rebate for trading in my Ford. All Volvos also come with 3 year maintance free.
Lovering Volvo of Nashua | New Volvo Vehicles for Sale | Nashua, NH

What your % best on? I am just stating they sold more total Volvos XC60 units last month then MKC . So if MKC sold 1 unit in April then 2 in March you say it 50% increase so it better then say Volvo sold 4 units in April then 5 in March but only 20% increase.?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts