28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone's roof rails starting to fade.
Mine are and wonder if that would be covered by warranty
MKC is 1.5 years old

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes please post some pictures if you can. Mine has one funny "mark" on it from something (don't know where it came from it's mostly garaged) but i dont think I noticed any fading. I'll take a closer look at mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oxidation

Ok so my roof rails have a lot of oxidation.
Does anyone know how to remove it?
Is his normal?

·
Registered
232 Posts
2015 Lincoln MKC – Satin Chrome Exterior Component Cleaning
2015 Lincoln MKC is equipped with satin chrome front grille and roof moldings.

If they require cleaning due to stains, water spotting, or discoloring do not use Motorcraft Custom Bright Metal Cleaner which is used for bright chrome components.

The following products are recommended for satin chrome components:
Meguiar’s M02 Mirror Glaze Fine Cut Cleaner (Product #M0216), Meguiar’s Water Spot Remover (Product #A3714) or Turtle Wax Renew RX Premium All Metal Polish (SKU T284) or equivalent.

Follow the manufacturers cleaning instructions.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What about the following product
Meguiars g15308 all metal polish
I only posted what the manufacturer stated,I cannot comment outside of what they recommend, you are free to try, but you risk voiding any warranty claim by doing so.If you are really concerned take the vehicle to the dealer and have them document and repair, that will acknowledge your issue should it happen in the future.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I plan to keep my bright trim well waxed so hopefully that will reduce any problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Roof Rails Update

I just took my MKC to the dealer. They said Lincoln issued a notice that water stains from rain and car washes can appear on the roof rails and to try what member 2015 MSM mentioned earlier in the post. My dealer tried that on another Lincoln MKC and it didn't work. Dealer is ordering new roof rails and is covered by the warranty. Dealer informed me the roof rails had a coating that was not up to par and Lincoln will replace them. Thanks for everyone's help. Everyone needs to check their roof railings

1 - 15 of 15 Posts