Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again! I have a 2015 2.0, awd. It has had some serious transmission issues. In August of this year it started with very rough up-shifting and after much back and forth with the dealership, they ran diagnostics on the trans and subsequently rebuilt it. About a month later it began “clunking” from second to first gear as I am breaking. It varies in harshness. Sometimes barely noticeable (what I imagine is normal) to a clunk to a very big hiccup as it shifts down to first. It spent close to 4 weeks at the dealer being worked on and parts replaced, and long story short, it is no better. After getting it back and not feeling it was corrected, the dealer’s service manager located another 2015 and we drove it. While I could feel this MKC downshift, it was nothing like my car is doing. It is the service manager’s opinion my car is driving as intended. The car did not drive like this previously and I am frustrated and ready to sell the car. I am heartbroken. Has anyone out here experienced anything like this? Thoughts? Guidance? Thank you!

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you can duplicate it then take the service manager on a ride and give me a ride where you can frequently trigger it. Then ask him a loaded question like: so this is considered luxury Lincoln transmission should shift?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can duplicate it then take the service manager on a ride and give me a ride where you can frequently trigger it. Then ask him a loaded question like: so this is considered luxury Lincoln transmission should shift?
I did. They said the car is performing as it should! Which I found very maddening. I am so disappointed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Get a second opinion. either from another Lincoln dealer or a transmission specialty shop.

Reactions: symetry

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would definitely take it to another Lincoln dealer, and bring the paperwork from the original fix. If they don't resolve the issue, then contact Lincoln directly and they should set up a meeting with a regional manager to check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts