Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 MKC reserve used in the spring. I am getting ready to go for service next week and need some help with my problem. I have the 2.0 ecoboost engine. When the car is in drive and you are stopped the engine idles rough. The tachometer needle bounces and the engine shutters the car as it is about to stall out but then the rpm go back up and you get a little bit of a lurch, but lucky my foot is on the brake. No service or warning lights have ever come. I am going in for service next week and I know there will be no codes in the computer. I have 22,000 miles on it. Has anyone had this issue or heard of this problem? I'm looking for some suggestions so I know what to tell the dealer next week. Thank you for any help anyone might be able to shed on this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with mine before, spend so much time in service and they cant figure out whats going on , drive perfect and then go crazy. The issue was the wiring going from fuel pump to the engine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
BINGO, hit list will be fuel pump, coils (or other electrical misfire issues) or stall converter (in tranny) not behaving. With that description you should have thown a code. Incredible how annoying OBD2 can be yet it misses such major issues. Could be as simple as a wiring harness connector being loose.

Reactions: kksam56

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much. I will print this off and bring to dealer so they can check those items. It is annoying to drive right now and shouldn't be happening at this price point! Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried running premium fuel also thinking I had picked up bad fuel, that didn't help either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rough Idle

I may have a suggestion. I also had a 2015 Reserve with the same problem,same mileage,it would shake and be ready to stall at the stoplight. I would have to keep my foot on the gas and brake.The tach would go crazy,needle bouncing up and down.I really thought the tow truck was next. The dealer had it for over a week and found the problem. Although he did have to call Lincoln for help,it was this. The Oil Pan Separator. I had never heard of this,but it fixed the problem. The dealer said he never saw or never fixed a vehicle with this problem. Well with that repair it never happen again. Two months ago,we went looking for another vehicle,and after a long search of something different we found a new leftover 2016 black label,that had been sitting on the lot forever. Got a excellent deal and took it. Hated to see the 2015 go,we had good service on it,but couldnt resist the black label.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. I will have them check that also. I appreciate all the help and suggestions from this great forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to the dealer. They had it two days. The performed an Evaporative Emissions system leak test and got diagnosis L. They replaced a tube asy - fuel vapor separat. Vapor management valve/canister purge valve. That is how it is written on work order. The tech typed diag evap leaking perform smoke test found purge hose leaking replace purge valve and retest ok. Hope this fixes the problem! Seems to be fixed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rough Idle and then stalls out

I bought a 2015 MKC reserve used in the spring. I am getting ready to go for service next week and need some help with my problem. I have the 2.0 ecoboost engine. When the car is in drive and you are stopped the engine idles rough. The tachometer needle bounces and the engine shutters the car as it is about to stall out but then the rpm go back up and you get a little bit of a lurch, but lucky my foot is on the brake. No service or warning lights have ever come. I am going in for service next week and I know there will be no codes in the computer. I have 22,000 miles on it. Has anyone had this issue or heard of this problem? I'm looking for some suggestions so I know what to tell the dealer next week. Thank you for any help anyone might be able to shed on this problem.
I have a 2017 MKC with a 2.0 ecoboost engine. It has the autostart function, which I like since I get 25.5 city and 31 on highway. The problem has happened four times. It idled rough and stalled out when stopped. Can't restart it right away, have to really pump the gas pedal and lay your finger on the start button. When you do get it to run, it's very rough. Odd thing is that it doesn't throw up an error on the computer. Four times in for service and doubt if they can fix this time either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts