Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to Build a Lincoln with Sandstone seats,but i heard when i got my MKC that people were having trouble with them staining & couldn't get the stain off.
Does anyone have a problem with Jeans staining Sandstone Leather seats?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I had a '15 MKC with the light leather interior and yes my jeans stained the leather. I tried many different leather cleaning products and nothing would remove the stain. I have had light coloured leather seats on other vehicles and I have had this problem.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a '15 MKC with the light leather interior and yes my jeans stained the leather. I tried many different leather cleaning products and nothing would remove the stain. I have had light coloured leather seats on other vehicles and I have had this problem.
If you had the problem why did you get light color again?
Did you find a solution to stop the seats from being stained ?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Oops...I meant to say that I NEVER had the problem on my previous vehicles with the light coloured leather. The MKC was the first time it happened.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops...I meant to say that I NEVER had the problem on my previous vehicles with the light coloured leather. The MKC was the first time it happened.
Thanks so much,because i really like them.
Now i have a 2015 MKC White with black seats.
I am looking at a Audi Q5 Black With Light leather.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I won't get a light interior again. I got rid of my MKC after 4 years (way, way too many problems with it) and got a '19 Volvo XC60....white with black interior.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I won't get a light interior again. I got rid of my MKC after 4 years (way, way too many problems with it) and got a '19 Volvo XC60....white with black interior.
What were the Problems?
You said u had other cars without the problem.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I had other cars with light leather interior and did not have problems with the leather staining. The leather on the MKC stained and I had many other problems (electrical, computer, etc.) with the MKC.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I would love to Build a Lincoln with Sandstone seats,but i heard when i got my MKC that people were having trouble with them staining & couldn't get the stain off.
Does anyone have a problem with Jeans staining Sandstone Leather seats?
I don't have the light leather in my MKC, but I do have the light leather (called Cappuccino) in my MKZ. I had the staining problem in an Acura prior to my MKZ and someone in that forum turned me on to Meguiar's Interior Detailer/Cleaner which removed the stain after several applications, then to use Meguiar's Leather Conditioner which gave protection against the staining. And then every few months using Meguires 3 in 1 Leather Cleaner-Conditioner-Protectant. That did the trick on the Acura - and I used that regimen on my MKZ after I bought it new in 2017 and never had a problem. My stain was not only jeans on the seat bottom, but a slight pinkish color on the seat back from my "Georgia Bulldog" red shirts. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I currently have the Cappuccino seats in my MKC and don't have a stain problem... but then I never wear blue jeans. I don't have any problem with blue trousers like Dockers. Blue jeans probably stain black seats as well except that it's not visible against the dark material. "Beyond Blue" might be an option for blue jeans wearers although it would personally be my last choice.

I will probably get a new Corsair with Sandstone seats when my lease is up next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts