Lincoln MKC Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Contact Sirius

I got a marketing call from Sirius. I told them I didn't subscribe because it didn't work. The marketer said all I had to do was call and ask them to send a "different" signal. Of course the marketer then refused to renew my trial so I could see if this would fix the problem. Darned if I'm gonna pay and still have it not work! Anyhow, if anyone is still under trial, contact sirius and ask them about sending a new signal out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sirius (the company) has nothing to do with why the satellite radio service wasn't working consistently in the 2015 MKCs. I doubt they even really know about it. Their first response to customers who say they are having any reception problems is to try and reflash the signal. It's an antenna issue. Simply sending a "different signal" will not fix the problem.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm taking mine in on Mon. for the cutting in/out issue. It has always cut out in the same spot in the outdoor parking lot at the mall since day one but now it is starting to cut out in other areas that I regularly travel and never had a problem before.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The dealer has ordered a new antenna as per the TSB however no ETA. Then when it does arrive it has to be painted to match the car colour before getting installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After contacting my Lincoln dealer and Sirius

So I called my sales rep and explained what was happening and the forums I had seen on the issue. He called back in about 24 hours or so and said no one had ever heard of it and the Service manager had no alerts and had never heard of this happening. I called Sirius and told me the same exact thing and offered to refresh my signal, which did not help the situation. So I guess I must be imagining the problem. I was so disappointed that they are going to make me go through all the motions of complaining about a known issue, to find the Recall notice myself, then I assume I will have to complain to the dealership owner and on and on. I just wish people would just do their job and do it correctly. I have no need to blame anyone I just want my radio to work correctly, but that seems to much to ask. If I don't get any resolve from the dealership I will probably pay the money to have the radio antenna replaced first and if that doesn't help to have the radio replaced and I'm sure that is totally affordable....not!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
You should contact the Lincoln Concierge. They definitely know about it and may be able to help enlighten the dealer. Or perhaps, if it's an option for you, check with another dealer. This was a major issue that affected many vehicles.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
So I called my sales rep and explained what was happening and the forums I had seen on the issue. He called back in about 24 hours or so and said no one had ever heard of it and the Service manager had no alerts and had never heard of this happening. I called Sirius and told me the same exact thing and offered to refresh my signal, which did not help the situation. So I guess I must be imagining the problem. I was so disappointed that they are going to make me go through all the motions of complaining about a known issue, to find the Recall notice myself, then I assume I will have to complain to the dealership owner and on and on. I just wish people would just do their job and do it correctly. I have no need to blame anyone I just want my radio to work correctly, but that seems to much to ask. If I don't get any resolve from the dealership I will probably pay the money to have the radio antenna replaced first and if that doesn't help to have the radio replaced and I'm sure that is totally affordable....not!!
Just double-checking that you have a 2015 MKC. You original post said 2015 MKX. The 2015 MKC's built on/before 7/14/2015 did have a TSB for the Satellite Radio cut-outs. Not sure if a TSB is technically the same as a Recall. The link is below...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM508680/SB-10058707-6230.pdf

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just got a call from the service advisor. The antenna has arrived and is being painted today. I have an appointment on Fri. morning to have it installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had no luck with Sirius or the Dealership, so I opened a Lincoln Concierge ticket, they said they would get back to me no later than Tuesday, but they didn't. So I'm inquired again, looks like I am not having the same luck as others on here.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I had the replacement antenna installed this morning...took just over 1 hour. I drove through the same spot in the mall where the radio would cut out and it didn't cut out today so hopefully it is fixed. Just after I left the dealership I checked the app on my phone and there was a notice about the recall for the door latch problem. I called the dealer and was told that repairs would not commence until the 2nd quarter of 2017.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just make sure you're buckled in country guy, and hold on to the steering wheel like your life depended on it hehehehe. Good to hear your radio is finally taken care off!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yeah I asked the service advisor if Lincoln would be responsible if I lost a passenger or two!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got that same msg. and, when I called my SA, the same story. I hope that means they don't think the issue is that potentially dangerous or likely to happen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a call today from Lincoln Concierge, they were absolutely wonderful. They knew immediately what the problem was and while I was on the phone scheduled the service call with my local dealership to do the antenna replacement. It is scheduled for next Wednesday, I will update after and let you know how well that worked. I was so pleased with the concierge service, and so confused as to why the dealership made me go through so many hoops when this was a known problem.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I was washing the car on Thurs. and noticed that the antenna which was just replaced a week ago was very loose. There was a lot of play and I could see that it would be possible for water to get underneath the gasket. On Fri. I stopped at the dealer to show them. The technician that had done the replacement was not working but they had another guy look at it. It took about 20 minutes to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Issue Fully Resolve

I meant to post this some time back and it just kept falling off my list! The replacement of the satellite radio antenna fully resolved my issue. Going through Lincoln Concierge was indispensable!!!

181 - 197 of 197 Posts