Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I had the TSB done to fix this issue (TSB 15-0136) which is to replace the antenna on top of the car. Unfortunately, even after resending the SiriusXM signal to my car, it seems the issue persists. Every so often the radio skips/cuts out for a couple seconds then carries on. I am not all that familiar with SiriusXM, as in, I've not used it much in other cars but from memory, I don't recall this being the case in other cars, but maybe it's just the nature of the beast since it's a satellite signal? Thoughts?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I had the TSB done about 18 months ago. Every so often the signal will cut out for a second or two but otherwise I haven't had any more issues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the TSB done about 18 months ago. Every so often the signal will cut out for a second or two but otherwise I haven't had any more issues.
What was your issue before the TSB was performed? Cutting out all the time? When you say yours does it occasionally, do you mean like once per hour, day or week sort of thing?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine cuts out on occasion when under a overpass or in my garage. I believe it just temporarily loses the satellite signal and is normal. My MKC is a '17 without THX.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The issue before the TSB was done would be that the signal would cut out even when driving in a wide open area for a few seconds. Now it cuts out only when the signal is blocked due to tall buildings or driving in a heavily treed area.

·
Registered
239 Posts
When I had mine replaced (mind you, it was a couple years ago and I no longer have the car), I believe it was more than just replacing the antenna. I seem to remember my SA telling me afterwards they also had to replace or reconfigure the wiring or something running down one of the C pillars. Or it needed some new kind of insulation or shielding or something. Once they did the recall, though, it worked well after that. It is common to get momentary drops of you are in a parking garage or traveling under a bridge, in a tunnel and the like, but the cutouts before the recall were constant, frequent and very noticeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its actually kind of common, depending on the weather, surrounding area terrain, surface level, etc. All of these various factors can play havoc w/ your sattelite reception. I have isolated incidents in both of my vehicles that have siriusxm. I drive my 2k15 MKC about 20-25 mins to work monday thru friday, same route daily.
During my drive, there are 2 confirmed areas along hwy5, about a quarter mile apart, where ill lose signal for roughly 10-20 seconds. My 2nd vehicle also loses signal in these same areas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts