Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning the drive into work (25 km) was through snow, slush and icy conditions. After about 22 km on the highway I came to the first traffic light and had to stop. Immediately the front park assist warning started even though there were no cars in front of me. When I started moving, the warning stopped. At the next stop, it started up again. I finally got tired of listening to it and had to turn it off. I'm assuming it is going off because of the ice/snow on the front bumper of the car? Anyone else have this problem? Is this feature not smart enough to handle driving in the winter? When I went out at lunch time I turned it back on and same thing so I turned it off again. On the way home after work I turned it on and now it is working OK again. What good is this feature if it won't work properly in the winter? Seems like the MKC is a summer only car.

·
Registered
733 Posts
You probably had blocked sensors. I believe it is explained in the owners manual.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have had it go off a number of times for no reason, and not go off when it should have...all in perfectly good weather. I've re-set it countless times but it's just another one of those glitches that keeps me from totally enjoying this purchase. I'm uneasy about having the dealer look at this because most likely all they are going to do is a master re-set which will erase everything I have stored - - and probably not fix the problem. Anyone experience the same problem in good weather? Anyone know about a TSB for this?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have had it go off a number of times for no reason, and not go off when it should have...all in perfectly good weather. I've re-set it countless times but it's just another one of those glitches that keeps me from totally enjoying this purchase. I'm uneasy about having the dealer look at this because most likely all they are going to do is a master re-set which will erase everything I have stored - - and probably not fix the problem. Anyone experience the same problem in good weather? Anyone know about a TSB for this?
Yeah me too. Ive gotten weird "sensors are blocked" messages when my car was spotless driving down a highway with no one next to me. It only happened two times in the first months of owning my car and hasn't happened since. Both times it just went away on its own. It was weird. It must have "sensed" something LOL...

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Mine goes off consistently at the Dunkin Donuts Drive-Thru. It's annoying, but I understand why. Happened so often, I can now disable it without even looking at the wheel!

The other time I had it go off unexpectedly was on a road with no shoulder and tall weeds on the side. Although we don't have much snow in GA, I bet that snow piled along the road would set it off also.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Slowly driving in a parking lot during a heavy Florida rain sets it off too. And just random times it beeps as well. I'll be in for service soon, and I'm going to tell the dealer if he can't find a way to set it off by default then I'd rather just have it disabled.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FloridaMatt, you can turn off the front park assist and/or the rear park assist yourself, just by going into the settings using the left controls on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
FloridaMatt, you can turn off the front park assist and/or the rear park assist yourself, just by going into the settings using the left controls on the steering wheel.
While that's true, it's only off until the next time you start the car. And then it's back to drilling down through the menus if you want it off again.

You can also turn it off while it's beeping and showing front park assist in the IP. But, in heavy rain, it cycles on and off rapidly so poking the ok button at the right moment to shut it off is a c**pshoot.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Jesus.... I knew I should have bought a Tesla cross over instead.....oh wait, Tesla does not offer a cross over!!! lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts