Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who bought the THX II Sound system; How did you configure the sound?

Like... Stereo or Surround? Slider position for Bass, treble, etc? Just curious... I don't feel the Sound System that great so far :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Still playing with mine, but I do prefer surround. I bet the back seats probably have the best location for the best sound.

Reactions: TxTom

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have THX. Try playing a know quality CD and see if it seems better to you. I find a big difference depending on the track on the CD I made from my iTunes playlist. "California Dreamin" remake by Benny B. is especially high quality. I have it set to Surround with slight front/side bias to the driver, with bass slightly advanced, mid a little higher and a little higher again for treble. Speed compensation about in the middle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
THX on 2015 MKC is weak...

There are 2 major problems with the THX upgrade on the 2015 Lincoln MKC. First, there is a lack of power so the volume is severely limited. Second, there is no powered subwoofer so you will have minimum bass. The THX upgrades on other Lincolns are so much better than the MKC's.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Someone who's really up for some extensive work might want to look into installing sound proofing as that will help, but i'm not sure just by how much, but it's a fact it will help.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Zerohertz,
I agree completely. For a 700 W system with 14 speakers, I feel my MKC is definitely underpowered and lacking. The absence of an honest subwoofer hurts too. As a musician, I have been less-than-excited about my sound system since buying the car. I had a 2012 MKZ with the THX system that was much better and I loved it.
Ironically, my wife's 2014 has the standard Lincoln "premium" sound system - which does have a genuine subwoofer - and it is superior to mine although I like the MKC much better than MKZ!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
So maybe its the source material I listen to, but I find my THX has lots of bass, shakes the outside mirrors etc.

I like the non-surround mode better. I think the surround mode sounds a bit muddier, muffled etc.

I have my Bass slider about three clicks +, Midrange a click or two + and Highs about three to four +.

I had the premium Sony in my Limited 2012 Edge with dedicated sub etc., and it rocked out very well. I agree that the actual volume slider/range seems to need to be much higher to get it loud, but I still have plenty of room to go louder and again, I find the bass very satisfying. And I do consider my self an Audiophile. I do the HomeTheater deal with Aperion, SVS, Denon, Emotiva, Oppo etc. Am a Tech Geek.

After hearing the comments some of you made about the lack of bass in the THX I debating getting it in my MKC. We literally sat in two MKCs side by side jumping back and forth listening to each system with the same USB source. I chose the THX.

Rayo

Reactions: TxTom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find that..

I find that the audio sounds better in stereo mode than surround.

Also, I never played with that in any other car in the past but I felt that I could only ear the sound coming from the front in the MKC. So, I changed the balance and sent it towards the back of the car by 2 or 3 clicks and magic!!

Now I feel it is much more balanced and centralized. Anyone has done the same? Try it and let me know if you agree. To me it makes a big difference!

Curious to read your feedback once you tried it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I find that the audio sounds better in stereo mode than surround.

Also, I never played with that in any other car in the past but I felt that I could only ear the sound coming from the front in the MKC. So, I changed the balance and sent it towards the back of the car by 2 or 3 clicks and magic!!

Now I feel it is much more balanced and centralized. Anyone has done the same? Try it and let me know if you agree. To me it makes a big difference!

Curious to read your feedback once you tried it.
I have not actually move the fader to the rear, I will have to give it a shot and see if it makes it even better. Did not really even think of it, I typically don't bother to touch the fade or balance.

Rayo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not actually move the fader to the rear, I will have to give it a shot and see if it makes it even better. Did not really even think of it, I typically don't bother to touch the fade or balance.

Rayo
Me too but I was so disappointed by the sound quality that I tried everything and it made the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts