Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 MKC non THX. Can I ise speakers from another Lincoln SUV that has upgraded factory speakers? Thinking about searching for some on eBay or salvage yard.

Administrator
I will give you my 2c, even though I have no facts to back this up. The THX system gets its sound from a massive processor located under the spare tire cover, in fact there is a very loud fan that (IMO is very annoying) when it gets too warm. The magnet is also bigger on THX speakers. I don't know if the factory head unit would supply enough power to move those speakers.

The THX system uses the door speakers for its bass there is no subwoofer in a THX MKC, I don't believe that would be the replacement you were hoping for!

Registered
2015 Lincoln MKC
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will give you my 2c, even though I have no facts to back this up. The THX system gets its sound from a massive processor located under the spare tire cover, in fact there is a very loud fan that (IMO is very annoying) when it gets too warm. The magnet is also bigger on THX speakers. I don't know if the factory head unit would supply enough power to move those speakers.

The THX system uses the door speakers for its bass there is no subwoofer in a THX MKC, I don't believe that would be the replacement you were hoping for!
I am just trying to get a cleaner, crisp sound from speakers. I went to Car Toys this evening, gave me a quote of $900 to just replace the door speakers and tweeters- no amp. Then they told me that they subwoofer in back may no longer work. Trying to find an economical route to getting better speakers without all the hassle. Thought if I found speakers from another MKC/MKZ I could probably use those. Plug and play! 馃槼馃

Registered
I am just trying to get a cleaner, crisp sound from speakers. I went to Car Toys this evening, gave me a quote of $900 to just replace the door speakers and tweeters- no amp. Then they told me that they subwoofer in back may no longer work. Trying to find an economical route to getting better speakers without all the hassle. Thought if I found speakers from another MKC/MKZ I could probably use those. Plug and play! 馃槼馃
Definitely research your 2015 Lincoln MKC stereo upgrade at Crutchfield.com. I haven't considered it until recently because I didn't want the hassle of doing a full install because I'm a staunch amplifier proponent. I think with today's new integration parts, the MKC stereo can be upgraded with worthwhile results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts