Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

in the middle of a new RCM replacement. I was able to put the as built codes onto a used module with zero crash codes stored on it. I think the car accepted the module. I still am receiving a drivers deployment stage 1 (B0001) and drivers deployment stage 2 (B0002) circuit open code. I started poking around at the resistances of all the different restraint systems and the correct value is 2-4.9 ohms. On the drivers deployment control I am receiving a constant 17 ohms. Which means there is obviously a cable either not connected, or severed. Any ideas which one it would be? I was thinking maybe the clock spring as I’m unsure if the previous owner replaced that. (Commonly overlooked when replacing airbags). If this is the case, any idea how to take the steering wheel off to get to the clock spring? Hope I’m going down the correct bunny hole here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just as I expected, the clock spring connection for the drivers airbag was severed. Makes complete sense why the resistance was so high. Gonna have to order a new clockspring and pull the steering wheel. After that, should be golden.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts