Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a 2017 MKC and I'm curious what the standard 9 speaker system is like?
I'm coming from a Fusion with the 12 speaker Sony system which i actually like a bit.
So, any input would be hugely helpful to me as I can't seem to find any used ones with the Thx system.

Super Moderator
I have the standard system and my parents have the thx system. There is a considerable difference between the two. I would equate the Sony systems in line with the standard system, meaning a lot of bass but very basic sounds through the mids and highs. The THX system is not good if you like lots of bass, it is just not possible to achieve this in the THX system without a sub, but if you like quality sound through all ranges it is amazing how they have it designed. I love the THX system but there has been a number of complaints about not enough bass.

I hope that helps

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have the standard system and my parents have the thx system. There is a considerable difference between the two. I would equate the Sony systems in line with the standard system, meaning a lot of bass but very basic sounds through the mids and highs. The THX system is not good if you like lots of bass, it is just not possible to achieve this in the THX system without a sub, but if you like quality sound through all ranges it is amazing how they have it designed. I love the THX system but there has been a number of complaints about not enough bass.

I hope that helps
This definitely does. I really want to make sure that if I'm buying a vehicle that's considered semi-luxury that I don't have to replace the stereo system. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just good.

Registered
We had a loaded 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid as one of our company cars at my company. It had the 12 speaker SONY system. While my 2018 MKC has the THX system, I did test drive an MKC with the standard audio system. It's been a few years, but my recollection is that the standard audio system in the MKC is equivalent to the SONY system in your Fusion. The THX system in the MKC is definitely a step above either of those. And, FWIW, the 19 speaker Revel Ultima system in the 2019 Black Label Continental my dealer gave me as service loaner last week was simply incredible!

Registered
And I avoided the THX system based on the number of people that have theirs go bad. So the question is: Are you keeping it outside of the warranty or are you a DIY repair guy?
Plus for me my hearing is not great so I doubt I am missing much except for the HD radio part.

Registered
I'm looking at getting a 2017 MKC and I'm curious what the standard 9 speaker system is like?
I'm coming from a Fusion with the 12 speaker Sony system which i actually like a bit.
So, any input would be hugely helpful to me as I can't seem to find any used ones with the Thx system.
One aspect that really annoyed me with the non THX system is the lack of HD radio. But this applies to my 2015 with the outdated SYNC software...

Super Moderator
One aspect that really annoyed me with the non THX system is the lack of HD radio. But this applies to my 2015 with the outdated SYNC software...
No hd radio in my 2017 either, but I live in the middle of bfe so there is no hd stations here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts