Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
2018 Lincoln MKC Reserve 2.0L I-4 6SPD Selectshift
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the minimum battery voltage necessary for Start/Stop to work? I measure mine with the engine off and it's 12.42v. Bought the car a few days ago and even after driving around with the longest trip about 45 miles, it still doesn't work. At first I figured its been sitting at the dealership and the battery was run down but now I'm beginning to wonder. 2018 Lincoln MKC Reserve with 10,700 miles on the odometer.

Registered
2017 Lincoln MKC
Don't know the answer for sure but I bought a 2017 MKC about a year ago, 51k miles, and the Start/Stop function did not work. Kind of liked it that way. Fast forward to last month and the dealer said the battery should be replaced. Hey, 5 years so figured it was time. New battery and Start/Stop now works as it should. 馃槩

Administrator
I don鈥檛 know much about start stop but I know hot days where you run the ac heavily will cause it to not engage.

Registered
Try a new battery. But of all the problems a car can have this would be the very least of my worries. Why use the feature anyway? Is saving a tenth of a mile per gallon really worth the additional wear being put on the engine, especially the starter...

Registered
2018 Lincoln MKC Reserve 2.0L I-4 6SPD Selectshift
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try a new battery. But of all the problems a car can have this would be the very least of my worries. Why use the feature anyway? Is saving a tenth of a mile per gallon really worth the additional wear being put on the engine, especially the starter...
I actually agree with you. I don't like to use it either but I feel that I just bought this car from a dealer and expect everything to be working.

Registered
Best (impulse) decision that I made on buying the MKC that night in 2016 is to choose 2.3 instead of 2.0. Watching my colleague (who got a 2.0) a couple of weeks before I did getting in her car and jab at the Auto Stop button the first chance she gets is something I can live without.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts