Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take your money and invest it in a car and a Corporation that is worthwhile.

Sick of the run around with the car since I got it in Dec 14. The quality and the customer service is a shame.

Disgusted with how many items have gone wrong with the car. The only worthwhile part of this? I am getting rid of it this year.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts

Sick of the run around with the car since I got it in Dec 14. The quality and the customer service is a shame.

Disgusted with how many items have gone wrong with the car. The only worthwhile part of this? I am getting rid of it this year.

I think you have made your point.... in several different threads of this forum. Please quit cluttering up the forum. Keep it in one thread please... :eek

·
Registered
733 Posts
I think you have made your point.... in several different threads of this forum. Please quit cluttering up the forum. Keep it in one thread please... :eek
Maybe she works for a competing manufacturer. Wouldn't be the first time..

·
Registered
68 Posts
MKC Best vehicle I have owned !

While I emphathize with those who have had problems ( and wow some of you lots)we don't often enough hear or report the good. After almost 17 months, I still love my MKC. Yes ,I had the start button moved and my heated seat cushions replaced. This was done during normal maintenance so no inconvenience. While the seats are not as quick as electric ones I have owned in other vehicles, after 10 minutes I have to turn down or off as my butt is getting too toasty.
Sirius had a few areas that it dropped out, but I did not bother with antenna fix as I let my subscription lapse after free months. (In my opinion, Sirius is ripping off Canadians anyway; less services, less channels, for almost the same price.)

Zero other issues and Everything else on the vehicle works as advertised. The dealer has been great and I was able to negotiate no charge bumper to bumper maintenance for 4 years, so I am good for a while!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am very happy for the consumers who are enjoying their vehicle. I wish you only luck. No I am not a person working for another company, but a consumer who is frustrated and looking for help.

So sorry you feel I am cluttering your forum. I thought it was for support and hopefully advice.

·
Registered
881 Posts
It's pretty insane how a few cars start to develop problems while they are still new.... having a car for a few months and major issues start to rear their ugly heads up must be hellish for an owner,and definitely would leave an owner very angry and upset...guess those that are having no issues should consider themselves lucky.
Having a brand new car (and not exactly cheap) with issues and at the dealer for constant troubleshooting/repairs surely will give anyone, a really bad taste and ruin their ownership experience
I think the worst part is, when you think you have the manufacturer and dealer covering your back....then find out otherwise,is a hellish road to go down on....Honestly Janice, I really hope your issues will be resolved to your full satisfaction,and soon too!
It's such a shame when manufactures behave this way, and they wonder why their sales sag!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I sympathy with you on those issues you had, and wishing ours wouldn't give us much problem in the future. I guess we're lucky to deal with minor things so far.

·
Registered
36 Posts

You leased the vehicle so it shouldn't be that hard to give it back to Ford. Please stop running down the MKC , my wife and I love ours.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
It's pretty insane how a few cars start to develop problems while they are still new.... having a car for a few months and major issues start to rear their ugly heads up must be hellish for an owner,and definitely would leave an owner very angry and upset...guess those that are having no issues should consider themselves lucky.
Having a brand new car (and not exactly cheap) with issues and at the dealer for constant troubleshooting/repairs surely will give anyone, a really bad taste and ruin their ownership experience
I think the worst part is, when you think you have the manufacturer and dealer covering your back....then find out otherwise,is a hellish road to go down on....Honestly Janice, I really hope your issues will be resolved to your full satisfaction,and soon too!
It's such a shame when manufactures behave this way, and they wonder why their sales sag!
And it happens across many manufacturers. I had an infinite amount of problems and dealer runaround with a 2010 Acura MDX. I had intended it to be a 5 year car for me, but traded it in after 3 on a 2013 MKZh. I am done and done with Acura. I had such a good experience with the Lincoln dealer and service that my 2nd car became an MKC in 2015. Both cars had 1st model years issues, but no more than 1st model year issues I have had with other cars in the past.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Agreed Ken, I'm not having ANY real issues with my MKC....a slightly misaligned lift gate, and I find the seats do not heat ALL that much...but overall, very happy with Lincoln so far...the dealer is a stand up operation as far as I can see....they have always gave me nothing but good service....I must add, this dealer is NEW owners....changed hands after I bought the Mustang....they literally renovated this place and have a really good shop...
Anita took the time to show me the datalis regarding the TSB for the seats effecting 2014/2015 MKC's The TSB 15:0027 DID NOT apply to 2016,specifically, mine....the new MKC I sat in had the same very weak slow seat back heating issue, if you can call it issue...
Anita checked on the antenna issue and dropped Sirius signal and agrees with me it has to be replaced...She suggested spring I said fine...she will order ALL necessary parts, have the fin painted in their body shop, then do a swap.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Agreed Ken, I'm not having ANY real issues with my MKC....a slightly misaligned lift gate, and I find the seats do not heat ALL that much...but overall, very happy with Lincoln so far...the dealer is a stand up operation as far as I can see....they have always gave me nothing but good service....I must add, this dealer is NEW owners....changed hands after I bought the Mustang....they literally renovated this place and have a really good shop...
Anita took the time to show me the datalis regarding the TSB for the seats effecting 2014/2015 MKC's The TSB 15:0027 DID NOT apply to 2016,specifically, mine....the new MKC I sat in had the same very weak slow seat back heating issue, if you can call it issue...
Anita checked on the antenna issue and dropped Sirius signal and agrees with me it has to be replaced...She suggested spring I said fine...she will order ALL necessary parts, have the fin painted in their body shop, then do a swap.
Did you ever initiate a Sirius reflash/update from the Sirius site?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just got off sending the shop manager an email regarding the Sirius issue....like 5 minutes ago!.I'll also follow up with her when I take my MKC in on Monday for the lift gate issue....and added the data you guys supplied for her to be able to follow up with Lincoln, thanks man.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wife and I have put just over 24k miles on our MKC since December of 2014 and beyond the heated seat bottom TSB I haven't had but a single issue with it. No rattles, no clunks, no warning lights, no hiccups or dead batteries, no sirius issues and no door alignment issues. It has been solid and tight and has never let us down. We love the way it handles, rides, accelerates and we especially love the way it looks. The look is what got me in the door.

I own 2 Lincolns and one Ford but don't consider myself particularly brand loyal, but my MKC and F-150 pickup have been excellent vehicles considering my harsh climate and the amount of miles I pack on my vehicles.

A first year vehicle will always have issues. Most get good ones, some don't. It's a shame that you've had so many issues with your MKC because it really spoils the ownership experience of what really is a stellar vehicle in every regard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know most owners (if not every) are happy with their rides. I sure am!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
For the most part I am very happy with the MKC. I like the styling inside and out, the comfort, ride, features, etc. What I don't like is the mostly electronic/computer issues such as:
1. the app remote start not working due to the modem issue - modem is being replaced next week
2. heated seats issue - TSB was done but seats are still slow to heat
3. tire pressure monitor system issue - still no resolution
4. odometer suddenly disappearing - no resolution
5. 'no key detected' issue which happens sporadically even though the key is on my person - no resolution

·
Registered
40 Posts
My family member has worked in the ford/ lincoln manufacturing for over 20 years and has always cautioned against first model year vehicles. That being said, i knew the risks when I bought my MKC but couldn't resist! I have learned that the dealership makes a huge difference in the "Lincoln experience".

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
PS, 8k miles and NO issues.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts