Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
My MKC is a 2015 with the base stereo, at least, it's not the THX.... This past week, as I've put in a lot of road time and gotten comfortable w/ playing my music on it, I realized, at least at highway speed, the stereo's max volume is very low! So low that one of my kids asked me to turn up a song and I replied, "It IS up!" Now...the music doesn't seem so quiet when idling. So I'm wondering, is this something to do w/ the active noise cancelling or what? The only settings I've seen that can be changed are that on the equalizer. And all three sliders are already maxed out to the right.

I've never been one of those people that obsesses about car stereos but if this is as loud as it gets, I may be paying a visit to a stereo installer...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Check your settings for the "speed compensated volume" setting. I think everyone has that and its not just a THX setting. It adjusts your volume based on increased road noise from increased speed. Its in your vehicle sound settings, scroll to second page for it. If you don't have a second page then I would guess you don't have that option.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey all,
My MKC is a 2015 with the base stereo, at least, it's not the THX.... This past week, as I've put in a lot of road time and gotten comfortable w/ playing my music on it, I realized, at least at highway speed, the stereo's max volume is very low! So low that one of my kids asked me to turn up a song and I replied, "It IS up!" Now...the music doesn't seem so quiet when idling. So I'm wondering, is this something to do w/ the active noise cancelling or what? The only settings I've seen that can be changed are that on the equalizer. And all three sliders are already maxed out to the right.

I've never been one of those people that obsesses about car stereos but if this is as loud as it gets, I may be paying a visit to a stereo installer...
There is a parameter that you can select to increase the volume as the speed increases. Its in the sound settings somewhere (at least with Sync 3).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went out and checked and YES, I DO have speed sensitive volume and it was turned off. I've had it on other cars (not Ford) and it seemed to me that it never affected the max volume. But I hope that's not the case here! I'll give it a go this afternoon.

Thanks for the tip, guys. I never noticed there was a second page on the sound settings...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, didn't seem to make that much difference... Oh well...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hmmm, didn't seem to make that much difference... Oh well...
Something can't be right then. Maybe you have a non-working amp or something. If you set the Speed Sensitive Volume to its highest setting and you have the volume at a reasonable level when not moving or low speed... you should DEFINITELY notice a difference up at 60mph.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meh, you know, with all my other cars with speed-sensitive volume, it wasn't that it boosted max volume over the system's normal max volume setting, it was that it dropped the volume at low speed/rpms. If that makes sense.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it seems fully functional. It's a very rich, full sound. But, I'd say if I were looking at a volume dial, I would expect it's current setting (at max volume) to feel like about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. And like I said, I'm NOT an audiophile of any kind. I went w/ a base Mustang GT purely b/c I figured all I wanted to hear was the 5.0l coyote V8's soundtrack. And the base, non-SYNC radio in that car would put what I'm experiencing to shame.

·
Registered
881 Posts
"a base Mustang GT purely b/c I figured all I wanted to hear was the 5.0l coyote V8's soundtrack."

I agree, the Mustang GT sounds sweet, but for me it missed the "Rumble" I associate with a V8 'Stang.....which is why I removed mine out within the first week and replaced them with a set of BORLA S....now it sounds like a Mustang GT lol.
Nice DEEP pulse,drive normally and it has a sweet purr, stomp on her and all **** breaks loose, without being obnoxious!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts