Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my '14 Escape Titanium, I upgraded the visor mirror lights to LEDS. They are much brighter and a pure white. I want to do this to my MKC, but I'm not sure how the light lenses come out. Does anyone have any idea before I break a lens trying to get it out?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I will have a look at mine but the owner's manual says that all interior lamps are LED.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have a look at mine but the owner's manual says that all interior lamps are LED.

They don't look like it. They have a yellowish look to them. When I changed out my Escape, the difference was night and day. All the interior dome and cargo light are brighter, and I believe they are LEDS, but not the mirror lights.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Your wife may look like a painted lady with that color light! hehe

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your wife may look like a painted lady with that color light! hehe

She's already complained about them when I had the Escape. Unfortunately I cannot find a good number to replace the ones in my MKC.

·
Registered
139 Posts
White light that is not natural color correction tends to UNDER rate the actual effect. Translated, she will apply too much. We had those light s in a bathroom , (nice white light) and removed them in favor of a softer light . We have gotten so used to LED lighting now that anything incandescent bothers us. Maybe just upgrade to more lumens rather than change value??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts