Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a new 2018 Reserve which the dealership dutifullly didn’t update from 2.3 to 3.0.

Unfortunately, OTA updates aren’t working and the Lincoln owner site replies that the system is presently unavailable - but promises a link by email that never comes.

Does anyone happen to have the 3.0 update file handy for sharing? I’d greatly appreciate any available assistance.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Remford:

On July 4 I had my MKC in for routine servicing and the dealer updated the software to 3.0 under warranty, at no charge to me. It's nice to have an icon for the steering wheel heat on the main page. I haven't really noticed anything else but did have to reset a few things like ambient lighting.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The dealer should do the upgrade for you at no charge. If not, contact your concierge.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Your vehicle should have had the update performed BEFORE you took delivery. I assume this would be performed during PDI.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the dealership update my used 2017 to 3.0 before buying. (no cost) I agree with others... go back to the dealership and have them update it. I always hope the latest version has less 'bugs' (or fixed bugs) ... I test drove a used 2017 and the SYNC system locked up... so I walked away and told him to call me when they update it to the latest version... I never did hear back from them. It was ashame- $21k for a 2017 select with 45k miles (non-certified at a GM dealership)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts