Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read a post on the Escape forum I'm on that stated that Sync version 3.0 is out. Anyone heard about this newer version for our MKC's?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think there is some confusion about the technology name and software version. Our 2017 (and 2018) MKC's came with Sync 3 technology. I just checked mine and it has Sync 3, software version 2.2.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there is some confusion about the technology name and software version. Our 2017 (and 2018) MKC's came with Sync 3 technology. I just checked mine and it has Sync 3, software version 2.2.

My '17 also came with version 2.2, but I just had the dealer upgrade it to version 2.3. Now version 3.0 is apparently available. I'm curious to find out what changes have been made!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My '17 also came with version 2.2, but I just had the dealer upgrade it to version 2.3. Now version 3.0 is apparently available. I'm curious to find out what changes have been made!
This is all I could find on 3.0:

What's included in this update?
JR3T-14G381-AL SYNC3 v3.0
This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience.

This software contains all previous enhancements, so there is no need to install any other updates. The installation of this update will take up to 60 minutes to complete. DO NOT remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle. You must wait until Installation Complete is displayed on the center screen before removing your drive or turning your vehicle off.

While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device. Be sure your vehicle engine is running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you initiate the installation process, once the download process has begun, you may drive your vehicle.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My 2016 with Sync 3 is also telling me that v3.0 is available - Ill try to give it a shot this weekend.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looked at a couple of the Ford forums and apparently people's been riding with Sync 3 v3.0 unofficial builds for months now. No issues, but no major improvements either. AFAIK there seems to be little, if any, updates to navigation and maps.

On another topic, anyone know if there is a way to add language pack to the system? I am from Taiwan and I see people there with traditional Chinese on their Fords (No Lincoln in TW).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just an FYI - I did the update last night and everything works as it should. Update to 3.0 successful. I have noticed a few new icons so far but nothing else really.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did the update via USB this morning on my 2016. Everything went well going from v2.3 to v3.0
Took about 20mins or so.

I had no luck trying to upgrade my '17 Reserve to 2.3. I ended up having the dealer do it. I want to try to get 3.0 uploaded. My question is what format did you use for your USB for a successful download?

·
Registered
13 Posts
exFAT

If you are using a mac, you may have to rename the files and put them in the correct folder. I can post a screen shot of what it should look like on the USB drive tonight.

I had no luck trying to upgrade my '17 Reserve to 2.3. I ended up having the dealer do it. I want to try to get 3.0 uploaded. My question is what format did you use for your USB for a successful download?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
exFAT

If you are using a mac, you may have to rename the files and put them in the correct folder. I can post a screen shot of what it should look like on the USB drive tonight.

No mac! I'll give exFAT a try. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has anyone completed the update to 3.0 using the wireless process? I tried yesterday, but it just kept searching for at least 10 minutes until I gave up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Updated or not?

I have a '17 Reserve that had sync 2.3. Yesterday I tried to upgrade to 3.0. When I inserted the USB, the prompt has a series of numbers that were recognized. After running in my driveway for 1 hour, the prompt had the same series of numbers and said complete. I went to the Lincoln owners site, and it said I was updated to 3.0 yesterday. (I did not verify this update myself). When I checked on the car, it still showed version 2.3. I don't know what version I have. Two questions: 1. How did the Lincoln owners site know if 3.0 was successfully installed without my input. 2. Why does my vehicle still show version 2.3 if it was updated???

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a '17 Reserve that had sync 2.3. Yesterday I tried to upgrade to 3.0. When I inserted the USB, the prompt has a series of numbers that were recognized. After running in my driveway for 1 hour, the prompt had the same series of numbers and said complete. I went to the Lincoln owners site, and it said I was updated to 3.0 yesterday. (I did not verify this update myself). When I checked on the car, it still showed version 2.3. I don't know what version I have. Two questions: 1. How did the Lincoln owners site know if 3.0 was successfully installed without my input. 2. Why does my vehicle still show version 2.3 if it was updated???

Your vehicle has to be turned off for at least 5 minutes for the install to actually complete.. Did my 2016 yesterday - First change I noticed is the heated steering wheel button is now on the Home page.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I give up!

Either I'm a complete idiot, or my vehicle is messed up. I followed directions exactly, but when I insert the flash drive in the USB port, I get nothing. I'm giving up. My MKC goes to the dealer for state inspection on Monday, and I'm having them update the sync to version 3.0. I successfully updated the sync on my '14 Escape Titanium when I had it, but have had no luck trying to upgrade to 2.3 or 3.0 with my MKC. Hopefully the dealer will do this update free of charge like he did the 2.3 for me.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The install takes off but doesn't notify you for several minutes when you insert the flash drive with the vehicle in PARK and running.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The install takes off but doesn't notify you for several minutes when you insert the flash drive with the vehicle in PARK and running.

I started the vehicle, let it warm up good, inserted the flash drive, and drove for an hour. Nothing!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I started the vehicle, let it warm up good, inserted the flash drive, and drove for an hour. Nothing!
Not sure if this will work for you. I could not get the update to start either when I started the car and inserted the drive. I decided to try later but forgot to remove the USB drive.

When I started the car later, the USB was already connected and the update took off.

One other funny thing, I decided to go to the Starbucks drive thru. When I got there, the line at the drive thru was so long and no one was inside. So I shut the car off without thinking and went inside. When I came out, I realized what I had done and started the car, the update restarted and completed. Might have been lucky there were no issues!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts