Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sync 3 is great but paying $2000 for the upgrade kit is a bit mich.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sync 2/Android Auto?

Agree. They said other updates to sync 2 (car play) coming out late 2016...so some if the stuff is coming for us, just much later it seems.
So will Sync 2 get car play/android auto?

·
Banned
209 Posts
So will Sync 2 get car play/android auto?
Yeah, does anyone know, I have sync 2 in my escape. I would never spend the 2K to upgrade mine but if I recently bought my car with sync 2 I might consider to get Apple/car play plus sync3 is much better. I would assume that if you get the present sync 3 when the android auto update comes out it easily updates through wifi. ( from what I understand there is no update available at the present time for it ) they did say they would be shipping the 2017's with that feature so the update must be coming pretty soon. Hopefully the sync 2 Apple car play will be coming soon as well.
We should get a notification from ford (Lincoln)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Don't hold your breath, you might turn purple!!! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just contacted the concierge and they told me that the only way to get sync 3 if you have sync 2 is to get a hardware upgrade I'm not doing that it's ridiculous and cost way too much. I have Android auto in my work vehicle and it's awesome!!! Luckily I drive that car more than I drive my Lincoln because I'm very disappointed that I can't get Sync 3 ��

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just contacted the concierge and they told me that the only way to get sync 3 if you have sync 2 is to get a hardware upgrade I'm not doing that it's ridiculous and cost way too much. I have Android auto in my work vehicle and it's awesome!!! Luckily I drive that car more than I drive my Lincoln because I'm very disappointed that I can't get Sync 3 ��

I have a 2016 and would love to have the digital speed display that the 2017 model has... Its all part of improvements/feature enhancements from one year to the next. Hopefully that upgrade is just a software flash and not a hardware change.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I have a 2016 and would love to have the digital speed display that the 2017 model has... Its all part of improvements/feature enhancements from one year to the next. Hopefully that upgrade is just a software flash and not a hardware change.
I have a 2015 MKC, but just traded in my 2013 MKZ for a 2017 MKZ. It is amazing how many little changes there are. I would guess many are similar for the MKC. One of the top 5 is the digital speedometer. The others in the top 5... a chirp instead of the horn when locking the car, a button to kill the parking sensors (great for drive thru's) just to the right of the Sync screen, individual tire pressure amounts instread of just the low pressure warning, and massaging seats - although that is a little creepy!

Don't know if I am totally sold on Sync 3. It will take some getting used to. I liked the 4 corners concept of the old Sync, it was very comfortable for me. No matter what the level of Sync, we are still at the mercy of the out of date maps in the Nav system. I live in a growing area and there are roads, stores, restaurants that have existed for 2-3 years that are still not in the 2017 Nav maps. They are in the Apple Maps thru Apple Play, but I wish Apple Play would allow us to use Google Maps which I am more used to. I had never used Apple Maps before. I don't know if it is due to Sync 3, but the voice recognition is 1000% better than my old 2013 MKZ or current 2015 MKC.

Having experienced both, I understand why there would need to be a hardward upgrade for Sync 3. The Sync 3 screen is totally different. I think it must have a crapload of pixels or whatever - since the fonts and printing are so much finer. It is also much more fingerprint resistant. :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
It's also much faster that suggests faster processors.

·
Registered
83 Posts
$2000-2300, and lose my 4 yr warranty? No thanks. I'll live with my lowly Sync 2. It's a huge step up from my previous 2-color 4.3" Ford screen.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Any updates on the car play update for 2016 sync 3, its almost the end of the summer.

My vehicle has not updated automatically.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sync 3 will update from Wifi. My system does link to the Wifi and I can see on my owners site my system was pinged in May. Since the rollout of Sync 3 has been fairly stable, updates have not been pushed by Ford. I think I read somewhere that the 2016's with Sync 3 will require a module & a software change for car play - Price TBD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts