Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just contacted the concierge and they told me that the only way to get sync 3 if you have sync 2 is to get a hardware upgrade I'm not doing that it's ridiculous and cost way too much. I have Android auto in my work vehicle and it's awesome!!! Luckily I drive that car more than I drive my Lincoln because I'm very disappointed that I can't get Sync 3 ��

I have a 2016 and would love to have the digital speed display that the 2017 model has... Its all part of improvements/feature enhancements from one year to the next. Hopefully that upgrade is just a software flash and not a hardware change.

·
Registered
733 Posts
It's also much faster that suggests faster processors.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sync 3 will update from Wifi. My system does link to the Wifi and I can see on my owners site my system was pinged in May. Since the rollout of Sync 3 has been fairly stable, updates have not been pushed by Ford. I think I read somewhere that the 2016's with Sync 3 will require a module & a software change for car play - Price TBD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.