Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah... just read about it today. I am bummed that they could not figure out a way to make it run on our current hardware. Seeing as how I just bought the MKC... I guess its not like I was going to wait for the 2016s to come out... but soooo close.

Well in three years when my lease is up, at least it should be stable by then ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another good reason to wait summer of 2015 for the 2016 model year MKC. Cannot wait to pre order my 2016 MKC . Hope they have more wheels option in the 19' & 20'

·
Registered
324 Posts
its QNX based, no way theres backwards compatibility. On the plus side QNX underpins the BMW and FIAT systems which are both lauded...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bit of a bummer knowing that support will fade over time.
The MKC software needs some revisions now.
Very interesting that the platform is Blackberry. As I am a BB user- dinosaur, this warms me a bit

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are news stories all over the web. I wish they would release the roll out plans for the 2016s. I wonder if the new MKX will have it? That and the new 9 speed transmissions and Lincoln would have a big hit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone besides me noticed that the compass on the Nav system is backwards? For instance, if you are going straight north the W is to the right of N and the E is to the left. In my world if you are facing N, West is always to your left and East is always to the right.:eek

·
Registered
160 Posts
Has anyone besides me noticed that the compass on the Nav system is backwards? For instance, if you are going straight north the W is to the right of N and the E is to the left. In my world if you are facing N, West is always to your left and East is always to the right.:eek
I think you can change the orientation i"ll check mine

·
Registered
239 Posts
Are you referring to the "round" compass on the home screen of the center stack display screen? Try to picture it in 3-D as a "golf ball" style compass as opposed to a flat, "hockey puck" style compass. As a 3-D ball, if you were facing N and holding the compass up in front of you, the marker would be closest to you and the "N" would have spun around to be facing you, indicating that you are looking North; it would not be facing away from you. If the "N" is facing you, then the "E" and "W" would seem to be "reversed" as the "N" is "reversed". However, if you turn to the east, the "E" (left of the "N") would swing around and the same phenomenon would continue. In other words, it is working as designed. If, however, the compass were a flat, hockey puck compass, then the "N", "E", "W" and "S" would actually be in the places you des robe and it would indicate direction differently. The compass in the middle of the instrument cluster is the puck style and works as you are describing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts