Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what will replace my ford and my lincoln touch. Sync 3. It's based on Blackberry not Microsoft.

I actually don't mind the four corner display. I like to see everything on the screen.

I think sync got a bad rap!

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
That looks like the GM system.

I'm having no issues with the current Sync and certainly would not hold off a car purchase decision because it might change.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Will current MKC's be able to be upgraded to the proposed new system?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I read online it's entirely new hardware. Will be available on 2016 models moving forward.

I agree looks like GM.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great stuff SYNC 3 , I am glad holding off until summer for the 2016 model MKC. They say never buy 1st year production model. Cannot wait too see all the new changes in 2016 model.

·
Registered
54 Posts
With my 2012 Ford Edge, I was involuntarily part of the 'beta' Ford My Touch Sync rollout. After three years the system finally stabilized with the early 2014 release. And yes, Ford/Lincoln My Touch is somewhat slow but it actually works now. Personally, I have tired of being an early adopter and don't want to be part the of Sync 3 'beta' group. I'll sit tight while the kinks are worked out over the years (this applies to ANY software)

·
Registered
5 Posts
2015 owners can upgrade to Sync 3

Thoughts on this?

MyFord Touch Sync 2 to Sync 3 Upgrade

I did ask some questions via their email/contact us link and they claim it's identical to what you'd get in a 2016/17 MKC, althought has not been upgraded for Android Auto yet, which for me, would be why I would even consider it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts