Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my screen lock up now three times in the last week. The last time I started the car and the mirrors did not move and stayed inward. Also, I could not even make a call using my cell phone dialing manually. Also, my son in-laws father was following me and said that when I stepped on it, that it smoked.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It has about 19,000 miles. I am running sync 3.

I have an appointment to take it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have had a 2015 for 3 years and just a couple of weeks ago the screen locked up for the first time ever. I stopped to get gas and when I started the car everything was back to normal. I read in another thread that when the screen locks up you can reboot the system by pressing the audio power button and the fast forward button at the same time. I tried this and it did cause the system to reboot.

Reactions: symetry

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I failed to mention that in every case when I shut it off and started it back up, things returned to normal.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have had a 2015 for 3 years and just a couple of weeks ago the screen locked up for the first time ever. I stopped to get gas and when I started the car everything was back to normal. I read in another thread that when the screen locks up you can reboot the system by pressing the audio power button and the fast forward button at the same time. I tried this and it did cause the system to reboot.
Does he buttons for reboot also work for Sync3?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I don't know. I don't think there would be any harm in trying it out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All they did is an APIM reset for the screen locking up issue. I question what is going to prevent it from happening again?

As far as the smoking when accelerating, of course they could not duplicate - BUT, they did recommend a $235 "Fuel injection throttle body service" which I declined.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts