Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Black wheels always look good with white, I like the red callipers you added too...well done!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looking Custom,How did you paint the Caliper's.
I also have white & i had the Silver panel between the exhaust's painted black & it looks great.
Next i want to tint the windows,How about you ????

·
Registered
87 Posts
Carey Smith, did you use plasti-dip? I used that on my last car to make the silver accents flat black. Gave a nice contrast to the silver exterior. I have the midnight sapphire and the silver accents look good. Was contemplating plasti-dipping them for a change up.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I would imagine you must have used High temp spray paint for the callipers, clean,mask well,then spray paint, a couple of thin coats my guess....did you add clear to the top coat?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carey Smith, did you use plasti-dip? I used that on my last car to make the silver accents flat black. Gave a nice contrast to the silver exterior. I have the midnight sapphire and the silver accents look good. Was contemplating plasti-dipping them for a change up.
Yes I did use Plasti Dip. Makes changing your mind easy lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would imagine you must have used High temp spray paint for the callipers, clean,mask well,then spray paint, a couple of thin coats my guess....did you add clear to the top coat?
Yes i definitely had to use high temp spray for the callipers. I didn't use clear mask unfortunately. Its been a year since I did it and had to respray just once so far.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My thoughts exactly. If you don't like it, you can take it off easily. Looks like that may be my next thing to do this spring. :smile

Yes I did use Plasti Dip. Makes changing your mind easy lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are you doing next ?????????????????????????
Well I also have a custom exhaust. I posted a sound clip here a while back. You can probably look it up. I also have an ipad that i used Velcro to attach to the dash. Because we all know the navigation sucks. Here is a picture that i screen shot from a video since i'm at work and not next to the car. Not the best picture

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Plasti dip would get slaughtered on callipers...it does NOT like heat ....nothing beats high temp spray, and for added longitivtiy clear coat it... My Brembo's are red (factory) and they are powder coated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree the black wheels look good on a white vehicle (and some other colors) also a fan of red calipers - that being said, I don't think the combo would work as well with my Silver Sand - so I'll be keeping the stock look

1 - 20 of 21 Posts