Lincoln MKC Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't blame him one bit. We won't buy a Dodge/Chrysler/Benz because we had an experience with Dodge not standing behind the shoddy engineering in the Caravan (transmission). It was a common problem in Caravans and cost us thousands of dollars out of pocket to pay for not one, but two transmissions before 90K miles.

To be honest, we were hesitant to buy a Ford/Lincoln because the last American made car we had purchased was the Caravan, but we decided to give them a try. It has become clear to me that Ford/Lincoln will gladly fix a common problem (Siruis, heated seats, etc.), but when someone is having a unique problem like mayday's and like mmorretti's, they will not take action until forced to and with a lot of hassle. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree with Bradford. Something got omitted in production. Like a sunroof seal. Something high up that could lead to water front and back to drain on your feet AND fill the spare tire well!!!! That's a big error.

What ever happened with this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with Bradford. Something got omitted in production. Like a sunroof seal. Something high up that could lead to water front and back to drain on your feet AND fill the spare tire well!!!! That's a big error.

What ever happened with this?
I believe that a few posts back stated that he got his money back and bought a different brand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this issue. It was a nightmare. Luckily, a year later, it finally seems resolved. Here was my experience.

I bought my '15 MKC as a CPO with really low miles on an out of state trip over a year ago. About two weeks into ownership, I noticed some papers I had left in the back seat were damp. And it smelled 'wet.' It didn't stink. It just smelled damp. After checking out this forum and seeing the water in the rear tire well, I inspected my tire well. YUP! Water!!! And the weather also showed me I had a small leak around the top of my windshield that would get my passenger floor mat wet. I sent it into the dealer for repairs.

They kept it several weeks. They ordered a new windshield in case the glass guy broke the windshield taking it out and resealing it.

I asked the service department to address the damp odor. SMH. What a mistake. They ran an ionizer/ozone generator for a house in my car for about a day. It smelled god awful. It was so bad that driving to work I had to roll the windows down in the middle of winter for it to air out. After getting my vehicle back, I took a glance at the repairs. They did an awful job. They notched the wrong side of the gasket that goes around the tailgate. I clearly looked up the repair and it shows pictures. I mean, any idiot can follow pictures. Not this dealership.

I kept that info to myself because I was tired of not even knowing what car I was driving anymore. I wanted my SUV. Then it rained again. And I stuck my hand down the right-hand side of the MKC in the back. YUP! Sure enough...it was wet. My experience with this initial dealership was very poor. I didn't buy a vehicle from them because they didn't even have a MKC on the lot except for a service vehicle that was broken. My service experience was even more lackluster. I called the manager and gave a proper cussing. I called Lincoln. And I set up a visit with an entire different dealership. That service manager at the new dealership fixed it and went over it with me. And I showed him the fracked up gasket. He was like...yeah that doesn't look right. He fixed it and replaced the gasket all together with a new one that was already notched by the factory. He also replaced the water damaged piece that covers the floorpan in the trunk. I haven't had any issues since and I spent all last year checking for a leak. Nothing! YAY!

It sucked having to go through it right after purchase!!! I'm just glad I have a good dealer to take my vehicle to. They may be further away but they're worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Windshield leak - interior mold

2015 MKC
We found a lot of water on the front passenger foot well this spring and the dealer confirmed a windshield leak and black mold
behind the dash, kick panel and under the carpet. It's been over a month and still no word on when or how the vehicle will be fixed.
After the interior trim was removed I looked at the car and noticed a number of tabs, clips, fasteners broken by the technician.
I'm not sure how they can ensure the repair will be done properly when they can't even remove parts properly.
My family was exposed to mold for over a year and I don't know how Ford can guarantee it's complete removal. Oh, and how
about wiring sitting in water and the long term effects of this exposure.

Would I recommend a Lincoln?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is as old as the hills, but I'm having a leak issue. 2017 MKC, no sunroof. There is a sloshing sound behind the dash when turning corners. Occasionally water pours out of the lower dash soaking the driver's side carpet and my feet. Hoping this is something obvious like a windshield leak.

Dealer can't see the car for two weeks. TWO WEEKS! Other dealers within a 30 mile radius just as backed up. Are there not enough service bays or are Lincolns just unreliable? That's not a luxury experience.

So glad this is a leased vehicle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We had this problem with a 2014 Toyota Corolla - it's a long story but was due to an improper seal around the windshield... fortunately finally fixed under warranty after the windshield was replaced twice.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know this thread is as old as the hills, but I'm having a leak issue. 2017 MKC, no sunroof. There is a sloshing sound behind the dash when turning corners. Occasionally water pours out of the lower dash soaking the driver's side carpet and my feet. Hoping this is something obvious like a windshield leak.

Dealer can't see the car for two weeks. TWO WEEKS! Other dealers within a 30 mile radius just as backed up. Are there not enough service bays or are Lincolns just unreliable? That's not a luxury experience.

So glad this is a leased vehicle.
Probably clogged ac drain. pretty common issue with cars these days... not necessarily fords

·
Registered
733 Posts
Reactions: Buckeye

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took my 2017 MKC Reserve through the car wash yesterday, happened to open up the spare tire area afterword and it was flooded with a few inches of water! Not something I ever thought I'd see, but glad I'm not the only one. I'm going to provide the dealer with the 15-16 service bulletin for reference when they take a look at it in two weeks. Until then I'm doing my best to dry things out and look for any obvious issues. The water was pooled in the spare tire well and the insulation there and at the very bottom of the side walls was damp, but nothing wet in the headliner or carpets at all. Hoping it's something "simple" underneath... but I guess we'll see. Naturally my warranty expired 1,000 miles ago 😅

Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts