Lincoln MKC Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
As good as it gets !

We purchased our MKC at a Lincoln only dealer. The sales person was as good as we have ever had, very personable, not pushy. The place was very nice, at least as nice as the Mercedes dealership.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bought my MKC from a Ford / Lincoln dealership. It was an OK purchasing experience with sales. Seemed like there was always something miscommunicated in price. The finance guy was good. got me in and out pretty quickly. A rather painless experience. I was reminded multiple times by sales and finance that I'd be getting a survey and to complete it. If there was anything that I wasn't completely satisfied with to call them to correct it (this wasn't any different than any other car dealership I've been to from Kia, Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes) When I replied to the survey the finance guy got excellent. Sales got excellent too because I figured it was the typical back and forth negotiation tactics.

I would have preferred to go to a stand alone Lincoln dealership if there was one close to me. I wonder hire big of a difference customer service would be over the Ford / Lincoln combo dealerships.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We bought from Ford/Lincoln dealership. Mixed reviews. Sometimes good, sometimes indifferent. Lacks consistent helpfulness. We found the same with our Ford C-Max. They certainly aren't fighting for the market with A-One service each and every time. We find this surprising. Our sales experience with the Lincoln was not good, and even involved a shouting physically shoving manager over price negotiation that involved $500. Yes, this was reported to Lincoln with no feedback after filing report. Hubby says that is the last purchase from them and deservedly so. What's wrong with this world?

·
Registered
214 Posts
We bought from Ford/Lincoln dealership. Mixed reviews. Sometimes good, sometimes indifferent. Lacks consistent helpfulness. We found the same with our Ford C-Max. They certainly aren't fighting for the market with A-One service each and every time. We find this surprising. Our sales experience with the Lincoln was not good, and even involved a shouting physically shoving manager over price negotiation that involved $500. Yes, this was reported to Lincoln with no feedback after filing report. Hubby says that is the last purchase from them and deservedly so. What's wrong with this world?
I think at that point, I would have walked; but sometimes that's easier said than done.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think at that point, I would have walked; but sometimes that's easier said than done.
My husband wanted to walk, but I felt that it was the perfect SUV LOL. However, in hindsight we should have walked to make a point. It was an ugly childish display.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The initial posts on this topic had me howling. It's both funny and sad. I only wish the corporate executives would see the posts on here and make something happen. Corporate doesn't have a clue what is going on. The reviews they are asked to give to the manufacturer are coerced by the sales people to give them 5 stars. They need to see the anonymous posts by the customers who go into the dealerships to know what the real deal is. I dealt with Pines BMW. We couldn't work out a number when I was there. I didn't even receive a follow up call thanking me for coming in or anything. They didn't even try running numbers on another vehicle and try to get me to come back in. It's like they all make plenty of money and don't need us as customers or something. I don't get it. And they wonder why the Lincoln sales are shrinking. Look at all the complaints on here. Just think about all of the people who have had the same experience and kept everything to themselves. It's only us folks here voicing our opinions. When I go to Chik-Fil-A, I seem to get superior service from them vs the Lincoln dealership. It's hard to buy a car from a lot of people anymore. I even visited a couple Ford dealerships when I was in Miami and the sales people were terrible to deal with. They put you in little rooms and make you wait forever before they come back. That just bores me and makes me want to leave. I am doing my best to buy American vehicles to keep the money in the country.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm brand new to forum -- researching 2018 MKC. I like the vehicle but have encountered all manner of yuk in the shopping -- some stores don't know what they have, some don't update inventory on the internet, some are listing demo models as new, etc.

contrast w/ Acura where the whole experience is relaxed and easy. in Lincoln wants to survive at that level, it will need to rework its customer experience.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm fortunate enough to have three Lincoln dealerships within 20 miles of me. When buying my '17 Reserve, I checked with all three. The difference was amazing. Luckily one dealer was terrific. Not only with attitude, but also with price and service. Shop around if you can. Hopefully you will have a good buying experience as I did.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am leasing. The dealer told me the "lease programs" were not available until now. I have a general idea of what the lease will cost. I am not totally blind :)
Just so you know, I leased the MKC in my signature for $399 a month 36 months no money down. I will be swapping my lease out early for a Ranger. That's the only reason I even looked at Lincoln. Great lease for $46,800My lease is 7500 miles a year.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts