Lincoln MKC Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I leased and the dealer had a MKC Reserve with the tech and climate features my wife wanted. It came with a 2.3L (which is nice - I like the extra power, but originally planned to get the 2.0) But the key was the color in candy apple red with black leather interior. OK, so I'm a sucker for pretty. It also came with the THX which I like but not overwhelming bass. So I had to take it. So it should work out. I even lowered the Bass -2 to please my wife who doesn;t like to heavy bass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I just bought a CPO 2016 MKC in Midnight Sapphire Blue, Charcoal Interior, with all of the bells and whistles EXCEPT the THX II audio system. I am very dissapointed on having to step down to that level of ordinary audio. The least that Ford/Lincoln could have done would have been to include HD digital radio reception with the standard audio. I have a 2012 MKS AWD that does have the THX II audio. Listening to music through the THX II system is so much more pleasurable on my drive to and from work. I saw on one audiophile web site that a team of independent reviewers rated the sound experience produced by the top ten audio systems available as standard equipment or options on 2016 mod yr luxury cars and SUVs. The Lincoln THX II system came in second only to the experience offered by the Range Rover. I haven't had an opportunity to try out the Revel audio, but can imagine! As others had mentioned, the THX II system in my MKS is limited in volume when the car is at idle, but more than makes up for it as the adaptive volume compensation kicks in when cruising down the highway at 90 mph (okay, so I've gotten a few tickets :wink). The bass response in my MKS is deep and clear, but not "boomy", although I can feel the vibration. The lesser bass response in the MKC can be attributed to the fact that the MKS has a true trunk (or boot for my British friends) that acts as a reverb chamber for the sub-woofer. There is no such available chamber in the MKC, and adding a sub-woofer speaker box would be impractical. One caviat that I can offer is NOT to store any serious music beyond 1930s radio broadcasts in compressed format on the built in hard drive. The compression algorithim used by Lincoln really sucks Donkey ears big time. However, if you store your music on a USB stick using lossless or high sampling rate compression, the THX II system delivers a sound as smooth and sweet as blueberries and strawberries with cream and honey being poured over the breasts of virgin sirens! :laugh

·
Registered
2 Posts
THX sound problem

In the past week, when I start my (2015) MKC, the sound only comes out of the rear speakers. This happens most of the time, but not always. If you push the steering wheel button to say commands, the usual "Please say a command" is very muffled and barely audible. After about 5-10 minutes, suddenly the front speakers kick in and the sound is normal again. Turn the car off and then restart, and it happens again. Has this happened to anyone else? I want to collect information before I contact the dealer, since with my luck, it won't happen if I leave the car there and I'll waste my time. (I even recorded it happening with my cell phone on video, although I don't know if I captured the audio well.)

I'm thinking it's a problem with the amplifier, but I wanted more input from our community before I go in to ask for repairs.
Hi there. I have the same problem. did you solve it and how?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts