Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I gotta say i wasnt expecting all these great people with unbelievable knowledge of The MKC when I first started looking for things associated with my new MKC, well, new to me anyway.. Anyway, my question is, I'm actually adding better speakers, and replacing the subwoofer in the back. I cant seem to figure out where the existing amp is, and if anyone has added an amplifier/subwoofer before in relation to how easy or difficult it would be to install myself. I do have speaker and car stereo knowledge. Thank you in advance, you all have already answered plenty of questions for me. thanks

·
Administrator
623 Posts
The amplifier is located underneath the spare tire cover to the driver side front side of the trunk. If you’re able to replace this amplifier with something better you will save a lot of people heartache, that’s kind of a weak link for this car so I’m definitely gonna follow this and see what you’re able to do

·
Registered
59 Posts
I replaced the amplifier in my 2015 and it is dead simple as far as the part swap goes. The unit DOES require programming to get it fully functional in the system though. The part I installed I believe is a revision E part so it has been though many troubleshooting iterations. I've had the new part a little more than a year and it is working normally at this time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I paid an audio shop to do this kind of swap on an Explorer I owned in the past. The thing that gets trickier as you wholesale swap out the audio is the integration with some of the vehicle functions - which have become more integrated as the sync systems have become more developed. I couldn't help with that part as I usually pay to have the labor on those things done and usually stick to oem now as opposed to aftermarket.

You will definitely get better sound quality with aftermarket - significantly so with the right amount of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts