Lincoln MKC Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
This thread prompted me to measure mine. 23,000 miles and 7/32 remaining. I don't find them to be awful, they have decent traction in the rain and are OK in snow. There are certainly better choices when replacement time comes, but I don't see how some of you are wearing them out so quickly or having such traction issues.
Are you AWD, or FWD?

·
Registered
13 Posts
At 45,000 miles, the OEM Michelin Latitude Tour HPs are between 3-4/32" tread depth and it is about time to get new tires all around.
Because I tow, I stuck with the standard 18" rims- 235/50-18s are on it now.
I find the Michelin Latitude Tour HPs unremarkable. They have always been a little noisy and the handling has been nothing to write home about. If they had made it to 60k miles they would have some positive characteristic.

Looking for a quieter ride, superior wet traction and handling, maybe better wear

Has anyone tried the Michelin Premier LTX?
Others to recommend?
I had the same Michelin latitude on mine as they wore down got very noisy and hydroplaned in little rain I live in an area that gets large amount of snow so after doing s little checking I bought the crossclimate2 tires much quieter than the old ones no hydroplane in lots of rain and awesome n the snow after seeing them on I was worried they would be noisy but no and handling is great

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the Michelin Cross Climate + for our 2019 Reserve all wheel drive. Here in Nova Scotia snow is a concern. Our Michelin Latitude Tour HP's have only 46,000 kms on 'em and they're getting noisy and wont last the winter. Any thoughts on the CC+ ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are interested in an excellent snow/all weather tire you should check out Nokians. I've had a set of WGR4 on my 15 and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well I bought the Michelin Cross Climate + set today for our Mark C. Very nice, much quieter than the Latitude Tour HP's.
They get high ratings across the board. I couldn't get Pirelli's or Nokian's in our area but these look great and I'm almost looking forward to winter - almost.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I bought the Michelin Cross Climate + set today for our Mark C. Very nice, much quieter than the Latitude Tour HP's.
They get high ratings across the board. I couldn't get Pirelli's or Nokian's in our area but these look great and I'm almost looking forward to winter - almost.
Yes I really like mine 2017 reserve

21 - 27 of 27 Posts