Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lincoln MKC 2017 reserve. How do I enable the Tire pressure option. Is there a way for it?
Lincoln as a luxury brand this is disappointing

Administrator
It requires some programming. This the only way I know to do it. FMC will not turn this on.

Registered
I have a Lincoln MKC 2017 reserve. How do I enable the Tire pressure option. Is there a way for it?
Lincoln as a luxury brand this is disappointing
I鈥檓 a new owner of a 2017 MKC鈥.can the dealer turn this on for me so I can see which tire or tires could be low? I have a really bad back and I can鈥檛 be bending down checking the pressure on each tire. I鈥檓 not comfortable messing with compute stuff on cars either.

Registered
Code requires that the car advise if pressure is too low even if it doesn't;t give the exact pressure. I have a related question. If you have pressure readings for each tire, is there a sp0earate meter on each tire? Or does the car use one meter and then somehow switch and read each tire separately?

Administrator
I鈥檓 a new owner of a 2017 MKC鈥.can the dealer turn this on for me so I can see which tire or tires could be low? I have a really bad back and I can鈥檛 be bending down checking the pressure on each tire. I鈥檓 not comfortable messing with compute stuff on cars either.
No I don鈥檛 think you鈥檒l have any luck with a Ford or Lincoln dealer turning this on for you. I don鈥檛 even think their computers would be capable of doing that. Sorry.
You can always try but I鈥檓 pretty sure that would be futile.

Administrator
Code requires that the car advise if pressure is too low even if it doesn't;t give the exact pressure. I have a related question. If you have pressure readings for each tire, is there a sp0earate meter on each tire? Or does the car use one meter and then somehow switch and read each tire separately?
There is a sensor that is bolted to the inside of the rim actually bolts to the valve stem. It鈥檚 controlled with a little coin battery and shuts off unless the tires are turning. It emits a radio transmission that the body control module is able to interpret

Registered
There is a sensor that is bolted to the inside of the rim actually bolts to the valve stem. It鈥檚 controlled with a little coin battery and shuts off unless the tires are turning. It emits a radio transmission that the body control module is able to interpret
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder how accurate these meters are? The problem with four meters, you don;t know which are accurate. When I check my tires, I either use a single hand held meter for all four or set the air pump to a set pressure and pump up all four tires to the same setting and ignore the digitlreadings inside the car other than note which ones read differently and by how much.

Administrator
I know I always set my tire pressures with an automatic pump, now you don鈥檛 know where the short fallings come from but when I鈥檓 done adjusting all four pressures my instrument panel gauge reads 1 pound different between all tires at worst. That鈥檚 good enough in my world I鈥檓 not making a left-hand turns馃槈

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.