Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I test drove a FWD MKC I noticed quite a bit of torque steer when accelerating hard. Does anyone with a AWD MKC find as much? I am guessing that there would be less on a AWD, but I haven't test drove one yet.:nerd

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've not really noticed any on mine. However, if I follow the "Intelligent AWD" graphic in the instrument cluster, it appears that sometimes the FWD only is engaging and sometimes it uses the AWD. FYI, I'm in So. Cal., so I have far less adverse road conditions which might require the AWD more frequently than some of the other owners on the forum.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You need to test one yourself, to know if it works well for your driving needs.

I never liked that torque steer in FWD only vehicles. Never asked to test drive a FWD MKC, as I was looking for a good AWD. I have accelerated fully, dry and wet, because I like to know how my vehicle(s) will perform and handle in all types of weather. That includes it's Breaking performance. There is not any torque steer to speak of, really none. Entering right or left onto fast roadway traffic with hard acceleration you will feel in the steering, a little force of the total system working to kept the vehicle on a safe track. On snow, if your accelerating too fast there is some minor pull of the front drive till the system quickly corrects, way better than a spin the tires FWD. In snow, I love to use my 4X4 or AWD's to move out from the herd. Very pleased with the MKC's IAWD system.

Reactions: TxTom and rocmkc

·
Registered
54 Posts
My test when shopping for a new car is to accelerate rather hard from a stop while making a 90 degree turn (obviously when no other cars, people, etc are present). The 2.3 AWD took the turn like it was on rails.

With my 2.3 AWD and 20" wheels (255 width), it is even more so.

2,000 miles and ZERO complaints, it is really one of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts